• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TAM Crash In Sao Paulo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TOLD TOLD TOLD TOLD TOLD!!! What a tragedy!

A question to those who fly a plane twin-engine (non-fuselage mounted) with reversers: If one reverser is inop do you not use the reversers or do you use the remaining reverser? What about if the engines are mounted on the fuselage? How long after deploying the reversers to get the engine back to positive thrust? Just for curious. 6,000ft ain't much space to try to jam on the brakes then decide to abort.

How long after deploying the reversers to get the engine back to positive thrust? Just for curious. 6,000ft ain't much space to try to jam on the brakes then decide to abort.

What?? Go on home junior.

Reversers don't come into play with landing performance numbers. Yes they do help but the numbers are not predicated on reversers. The non-grooved runway probally had more to do with the hydro planning. Who knows being a Monday morning quaterback is always easy.

God Bless the crew and pax

Reversers don't come into play with landing performance numbers. Yes they do help but the numbers are not predicated on reversers.

You positive on that? Serious question -- I don't know the A320, but I recall the SWA 737-700 in Chicago did factor the reversers into the landing data. Just wondering if the A320 is the same way, or if it depends on the operator.

Reversers don't come into play with landing performance numbers. Yes they do help but the numbers are not predicated on reversers. The non-grooved runway probally had more to do with the hydro planning. Who knows being a Monday morning quaterback is always easy.

God Bless the crew and pax

Wow, who would have thought that someone could actually answer a question instead of trying to reprimand someone for a perceived lack of experience.

Thanks for the answer. My condolences to the families of the crew and passengers.

I am positive that all landing data is not predicated on the use of reversers. The numbers are factory data in a new airplane with test pilots flying the aircraft. Now is it practical-I don't have that answer. The SWA accident at MDW might have been more a contaminated runway issue, but I'm not sure. Once again sitting home at my computer is just not the same as flying that approach that night. I can only hope for the crew and pax

CA 1900 just look at the numbers on your Simuflite or Flight Safety checklist- they don't predicate the landing distance with reversers.

I am certainly not an expert, but check it out

Good luck at NetJets and Fly Safe

CA 1900 just look at the numbers on your Simuflite or Flight Safety checklist- they don't predicate the landing distance with reversers.

Yeah, in my plane they actually do. (Not on the abbreviated checklists--that's just dry data--but in the full AFM behind us.)

The Excel AFM has three landing distance tables: Dry, Contaminated without TR's, and Contaminated with TRs, along with various corrections for standing water, etc. That's why I was curious if the A320 had TR credit in any of its charts.

Good luck at NetJets and Fly Safe

Thanks, you too!

Key point 1900 CA, but contaminated runway is the key. Was it contaminated runway criteria? I don't know. Just fly safe brother.

Latest resources

Back