• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TAM Crash In Sao Paulo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the pilots lived, they'll be in prison for life. It's awful down there........ATC wise.

Let's hope everyone is ok. Don't we have some TAM people here? TC

Let's hope everyone is ok. Don't we have some TAM people here? TC

Vans used by Sao Paulo's morgue sped away from the site hours after the crash and a doctor helping rescue workers told CBN radio that efforts were being made to identify 30 bodies.
"I can verify 30 burned bodies and I know that there are burned bodies in another location"

A federal court in February briefly banned takeoffs and landings of large jets because of safety concerns at the airport, which handles huge volumes of flights for the massive domestic Brazilian air travel market. But an appeals court overruled the ban, saying it was too harsh because it would have severe economic ramifications and that there were not enough safety concerns to prevent the planes from landing and taking off at the airport.

Maybe they'll charge the appeals court judge with murder! NOT!

This is what happens when you let lay-people like judges dictate the course of your aviation safety programs.

Later

CNN reporting that 200 confirmed dead, as a result of the TAM crash. 176 on board and the rest on the ground and in the impacted building. Truly a sad day.

Guys - If any of you have a link to a site where the pilots are named I would appreciate it. I have some TAM 320 buddies who I am unable to contact.

fareview

Regardless of the appeals court ruling, the airlines are willing to take the risk if it means a crash every five years. It's an acceptable loss rate. It works like that here too. It especially works well when they can pin it on the pilots. Like icing on cake.

Latest resources

Back