TAM and Gol (Brazil)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew for TAM and VASP.
Current salary at TAM for international FO's it's around 9k Brazilian reals. 320 captains are making average 15 to 17k brazilian reals.
Only citizens can fly there because of the constitution like in Europe only europeans citizens can fly there. That's how it should be here in USA too to avoid 9/11.

Bombinha, I'm a bit confused by what you've stated. First you said that AMT was misinformed and that they don't pay salary in Brasil. Then one thread later you state the above. Could you clarify which one it is?

And I was born there so the citizenship part really isn't a problem. Just trying to weigh the benefits of flying here in the US (at least with the current industry) versus flying in Brasil.

Ha Ha I just married a Brasilian, So I guess that means "Dual Citizenship." Time: 6000 with Jet pic in Hawkers. Do you think i would be competative??

Regards

Ha Ha I just married a Brasilian, So I guess that means "Dual Citizenship." Time: 6000 with Jet pic in Hawkers. Do you think i would be competative??

Regards

Sorry to rain on your parade dude, I am also married to a Brasilian and NO you cannot, it takes 15 years to acquire citizenship unless you are Portuguese, it takes one year, and this is all predicated upon living there the whole time, possibly just having residence there may work, if you have better info, like proving me wrong, pleeeaaze do, I am really curious.

You can pass into Brasil as offen as you like with no limits like the five year tourist visa.

disculpe,

tchau

Yes I would say so. Not too long ago people were getting hired with less than 500 hours. Once the hiring starts again you shouldn't have a problem provided all of the paper work is in order.

Yes I would say so. Not too long ago people were getting hired with less than 500 hours. Once the hiring starts again you shouldn't have a problem provided all of the paper work is in order.

was this for the question of working there, married to a Brasilian?
I thought you even explained this to me before, that we had to be Brasilian? is that true?

I think you would be able to but I'll check on that. We have a few Mercosul guys working for us and one of them I am sure is not a Brazilian citizen.
Alot of people have been asking me this question so I'll check the regs and I'll get back to you guys.

I checked with some people who seem to know the regs really good and they said you have to be a citizen, either born or naturalized, to be able to fly in Brazil.
Since this is Brazil, I guess if you know the right people, you could probably pay your way around the red tape but if you follow the law, then you need to be a citizen.
I hope this better answers everybodys questions.

Latest resources

Back