TAM and Gol (Brazil)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

positiveg

Anyone here work for either of these companies and/or know anything about them in regards to pay and hiring times?

I don't work there but my friends said hiring has stopped at both GOL and TAM. After the downsizing of VARIG (purchased by GOL), a lots of their pilots are going to be placed on 737 fleet. As for TAM, no more hiring this year.
All Brazilian airlines will only hire those that have Brazilian citizenship. There are currently a bunch of guys on the street looking for jobs out there.
Sorry but no "caipirinhas and churrasco" anytime soon.
Best of luck !

Appreciate the reply. I was born in Brazil so I have dual citizenship (Brazil/US). Do you know anything about the pay there?

No problem.....I was too and the only reason I know this things is because I've been actively looking for stuff down there. Until May, if you had experience (Jet PIC and around 6,000 hrs) you could get a job at TAM as direct entry captain on A320 and make around R$11,000 a month. I don't know about GOL, but I believe you have to start as F/O. The schedule is very different down there, specialy domestic flying. A lot of trips are 6 days long with around 15hrs of flying and 8 to 10 days off a month. They don't care about productivity since you're paid in salary. The overtime is great (weekends, holidays, nights, etc).
Try to find out about AZUL (E190), they should start operating at end of year and will probably hire soon.
Hope it helps!

TAM is not hiring...I'm surprised when where moving the dreamliners the ramp out at Boeing Everett is full of new aircraft painted in the TAM livery.

AMT is right on with his info. Hiring should start next year again but for right now no movement going on.

Well AMT is kind of misinformed they don't pay salary in Brazil. It's like here you have a garanteed and a variable part the difference is garanteed it's always 54 hrs for all airlines thanks to a weak union. Also the 8 days off a month minimum it's the same for all since 1987. You don't choose your schedule they do. And yes some times you'll have 15hrs duty time but still max 8hrs of flight time a day or 6 landings for single crew. The deal there is there is not enough inspectors so flying above limit it's always happening.

I flew for TAM and VASP.
Current salary at TAM for international FO's it's around 9k Brazilian reals. 320 captains are making average 15 to 17k brazilian reals.
Only citizens can fly there because of the constitution like in Europe only europeans citizens can fly there. That's how it should be here in USA too to avoid 9/11.

Bombinha,

Not true - No European citizenship is required to fly in Europe.

Allowing only US citizens to fly in the US would not have prevented 9/11.

So go get a job in Europe and leave Brasil for Brasilians. Thanks
And btw Brasil is with S not Z.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back