Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bosdrx

OK folks, heres the scoop.

The best advice i can give is to get on aviationinterviews.com and check out the most recent posts. This stuff is really right on. I didn't get a lot of the HR questions listed there but it helped me start thinking in the right frame of mind. I also talked through all the tech and hr questions outloud. It helped me get my thoughts in order so I could answer somewhat intelligently without sounding like rainmain. It's true what you hear about them putting you at ease when you get there. Its still an interview to be sure, but it helps that the people you're sitting across the table from are pleasant to talk with.

I interviewed with 4 other guys: one military, one other regional guy, and two retired major airline guys. I'm not sure how they did, but all seemed like good people.

And then there was the sim... They give a pretty good brief the evening before the ride but no doubt, it was squirrley. Just talk through everything. If you're off hdg/alt, say you're correcting. Make sure you communicate with the guy sitting next to you. Thats a huge part of what theyre looking for.

So this afternoon I got the call from Linda and she offered me 3 different airplanes and 3 different class dates for TEB:

08/06 in the Encore
10/08 in the X
11/05 (i think) in the XL

I took 10/08 in the X. I'm pretty excited to make the change. Its gonna be an adjustment from the 121 life I've been living for the last 6 years, but I'm ready to do it.

For the guys that answered all my endless questions, thanks! It defintely helped me feel more prepared.

Good luck guys. Study up before you get to CMH and you'll do just fine.

Matt

Welcome to NJA. Just curious what they are telling new hires in terms of time to upgrading.

Thanks! I forgot to mention the upgrade. I was told that 24 months was holding up right now for the ultra/400. I've been around enough to know not to hold my breath. I can afford FO pay, so I'm not sweating it. I'm planning on 3 to 5 years. I'd be happy to be wrong.

bosdrx....GOOD FRIGGIN' JOB dude! Congrats, man. I've been subscribed to aviationinterviews for a couple months and have a database of gouge that I've been working with.

Hopefully, I'll hear something in the next few weeks about interviewing. Have fun with the X, even if guys say its a "workhorse"!

Thanks! I forgot to mention the upgrade. I was told that 24 months was holding up right now for the ultra/400. I've been around enough to know not to hold my breath. I can afford FO pay, so I'm not sweating it. I'm planning on 3 to 5 years. I'd be happy to be wrong.

24 months.....LOL......i got some swamp land for sale too...

your call about 5 yrs is about the minimum.....lotta captains going around collecting types.....

Congrats on getting the call, Matt! Im surprised to hear there were only five in your interview class, but the important thing is you got yourself a class date. Good luck in training!

Last edited:
c-ya in Oct. I took the same date/plane. They did offer the ultra in Aug.

Congrats! Of course fractional flying will be different from 121 flying but I know several people who have made the switch and they love it. The X should be a nice airplane to fly despite its busy schedule (maybe you can buy one of those beaded seats taxi drivers use when they sit for long periods of time to save your a$$). Personally, I'd rather be productive during my 7-day tour than super bored at an FBO all the time. You could argue that the XL fleet is just as busy or busier due to its popularity and fleet size. In this case, if you are going to go at all, you might as well go FAST.

If I were going to Netjets, I'd definitely want to get some X time - if not as PIC then at least as SIC so that I could say that I flew the batwing... But that's just me. Have fun!

So this afternoon I got the call from Linda and she offered me 3 different airplanes and 3 different class dates for TEB:

08/06 in the Encore
10/08 in the X
11/05 (i think) in the XL

I took 10/08 in the X.
Congratulations and welcome aboard. IMHO, you should have taken the Aug Encore class. Not as sexy an airplane, but losing 2 months seniority can come back to bite you in the ass later. You also wouldn't work as hard. To each his own.

Latest resources

Back