• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tales from my NJA interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congratulations and welcome aboard. IMHO, you should have taken the Aug Encore class. Not as sexy an airplane, but losing 2 months seniority can come back to bite you in the ass later. You also wouldn't work as hard. To each his own.

Thinking the same thing, Ultra. Either that or wait for the XL and get the extra $225/mo. Either way, welcome aboard.

Thats a good point. I thought about taking the first available class, but there were a couple reasons to wait. It'll give my girl and i one more chance to get over to Europe before I give up the travel benefits, and I was more interested in the X (same engines/aviaonics). That being said, if they offered me the XL in october I may have taken that. I dont mind working hard, for me it kinda makes being away from home a little easier. I'm excited to get started, but a little freaked out about leaving the airlines. But the way that industry is going, i really dont mind getting out.

24 months.....LOL......i got some swamp land for sale too...

your call about 5 yrs is about the minimum.....lotta captains going around collecting types.....

I think the last round of Captain awards the most junior guy was hired Feb 2005.

BTW - If you want to do a little reading about the X before school - heres a good start:

[SIZE=-1]www.atlas-air-service.de/atlas/pdffiles/citation_X.pdf [/SIZE]

I left the X for the XL/S. Best move I ever made. You WILL work your ass off in the X. And going fast doesn't help. It just lets you cross time zones quicker. The "coolness" wears off quick. You'll see :)

I left the X for the XL/S. Best move I ever made. You WILL work your ass off in the X. And going fast doesn't help. It just lets you cross time zones quicker. The "coolness" wears off quick. You'll see :)

Good for you. At least you have time in the X and you can tell your war stories - good or bad. I have friends in both the X and the XL/S at Netjets and both are tired after their 7-day tours. Big surprise with the biggest fleets at Netjets - you can't escape long and busy tours on either fleet. If you are so tired you should have upgraded into the Beechjunk instead of the XL/S and become a lazy FBO TV-watcher (great if you want to catch up on CNBC) in between flights. Why would you possibly move to another busy fleet if you were so tired after flying the X? I guess you needed that extra $250 per month and the busy schedule didn't bother you too much.

IMO, if you are going to work hard anyway, you might as well do it in a hotrod. Sure, you and others will do what you can to slam the X and "scare" the incoming pilots with your dire warnings - that's great Dad... Some people are jaded and couldn't care less - I guess you are among them. I've heard great things about flying the X at Netjets and the fact that it is one of the busiest fleets is old news.

Last edited:

I dont doubt for a second that I'm not gonna give a sh!t about how cool my airplane is when I'm on hour 13 on day 6. I fly a cool plane now, but its the last thing im thinkin about when I'm gettin abused by scheduling. I was thinkin about what you said hydrarkt about the XL when Linda told me what was available. I just didn't want to wait until november to get started. October was about as long as i felt good about holding out. I'll give it a couple years and see what happens. I also heard that the XL was working almost as hard as the X so it wouldn't make a huge difference.

Oz - thanks for the .pdf file. I was actually just lookin for something like this.

M

Congrats to you, Looking forward to seeing you here flying the X. Oh yea I left the XL/XLS and came to the X. both fleets work hard. Just make the best of which ever fleet your in. Each one has its pros and cons.
Got some questions on the X. P.M. me.
Glad your here!!

How long is a typical overnight on the X.. I know it'll probably vary, but because it's so busy are they mostly 10 hrs with an early show? Or do ya get a descent overnight sometimes? To catch up on some rest.

Latest resources

Back