• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Taking PVT written tomorrow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lol, aeronautic, i'm at 38.5 hours, i'm in the clear.

unfortunately, my test was bumped back to saturday because they could 'only' give me 2 hours instead of the full 2.5 hours. unreal. i was upset. i told them i would sign something that gave them permission for me to go w/out the 1/2 hour, but nothing doing. besides, the lady seemed a bit.... stressed when i talked to her, so i decided to stay on her good side.

so here goes the new schedule: in-house prog check thursday, written saturday, and hopefully checkride in the viscinity of sunday-tuesday. thanks for the kind words (and cheats, you rock mini, i'll do just that exact pattern :D) from everyone!

It's nothing at all. Took me all of 1/2 hour, and got a 95. You will need nothing more than a plotter, calculator, and possibly E6B. If you've been studying, there answers to the questions will literally pop into your mind. Be careful on those performance charts though. The insanely small lines can trip you up, and you may get an answer that is pretty close to a false one listed in the choices.

By the way, my insturctor told me a little detail that I didn't expect. He said you were actually better off not getting a 100%, because if you do, the examiner evaluating your checkride will tend to break your balls, and expect you to know EVERYTHING.

UnAnswerd said:
By the way, my insturctor told me a little detail that I didn't expect. He said you were actually better off not getting a 100%, because if you do, the examiner evaluating your checkride will tend to break your balls, and expect you to know EVERYTHING.

I got a 100% and my PVt oral lasted all of about 25 minutes...Basically the flight planning part. Almost no other questions, and his comment was if you got a 100 on the test we don't need to sit here for 2 hours, lets go fly.

UnAnswerd said:

Probably to help rationalize in his own mind a plausable explanation as to why HE didn't get 100%.:rolleyes:

Well, plenty of fine advice here so far. I guess I could tell you what NOT to do. I took mine with another guy one computer away from me. He sat down and began first. In the 5-10 minutes it took the lady to get my info and my comp fired up and ready to go, he was finished. If you've breezed through the test in 10 minutes...red flag city.

I spent a good 6-7 hours the night before going straight through the Gleim book for like the third time. When I took the test, it took me around 40 minutes. Though most of the answers jumped out at me, I still took my little marker and worked out all of the plotting/performance math. Some might call that "overdoing" it, but worth my time.

Me = 97. Other guy = something in the low 70's. I tend to think it's as easy as you want to make it.

PS--My oral STILL lasted over 4 hours (albeit with generous breaks). It was the most thorough exam I've taken for anything in my life, but I'm thankful for that in that it boosted my intuitive knowledge more than any SAT ever could. My advice: go through Gleim's a couple times, then spend any remaining time you have left HAMMERING away for the oral.

UnAnswerd said:
Not really...I knew a guy that scored 102.6 percent, but they let it pass because he was a transient.

Go to Sportys.com, they have free practice test online, and at the end they have the questions broken down and tell you what areas you might need to study more. VERY VERY helpful right before your test, just make sure you treat it like the real thing and you will get accurate results of your knowledge.

The results are all color coded and crap, breaks it down for you like you are a sport pilot.

J/K

Last edited:
UnAnswerd said:

Are you for real?? Come on...think about this one. If you made a 100%, the DE will not give you as a hard time then if you made a 72%. B/C if you made a 100%, that just shows that you know what you talking about(most of the time)and the oral will be that much shorter. I am freinds with a DE in Little Rock, and this is from the horses mouth.

ok, so i scored a 92% (55/60) on the sporty's practice test, and i still have 2 1/2 sections to read in my gleim book. when i looked at my mistakes.... i kicked myself in the head for a few of them. i think i'm pretty ready :)

Latest resources

Back