Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
ok, what's your advice? what should i take with me besides a bunch of pencils, paper, and an E6B? Anything else come to mind? Also, how bad is this test?

If you've looked over the test questions you wont have too much trouble. The big advice I can give is RTFQ, RTFA (Read The Freakin' Question, Read The Freakin' Answer).

Like any multiple choice test, if you get stumped, start by eliminating the obvious wrong answers.

cforst513 said:
ok, what's your advice? what should i take with me besides a bunch of pencils, paper, and an E6B? Anything else come to mind? Also, how bad is this test?

You won't need pencil/paper, the test moderator will supply it for you. E6B, whats that?! :D Anyway, also bring a calculator that YOU are comfortable with. Even if it does have memory, like my TI-83, if you clear it in front of the MOD, they should be happy to let you use it. Lastly, get some sleep and avoid the beer this evening (I made that mistake before my Commercial Written).

Yes, RTFQ, RTFA........ And relax. You had a book to study from with the ANSWERS in it. Not too too teribbly hard.

HAVE FUN

gkrangers said:
If you don't get atleast a 90, your an idiot. :)

And after so many people make this mistake and are corrected for it on this forum...if you STILL confuse "your" and "you're", then YOU are the idiot.;)

Relax. Take a few minutes once you sit down to take some deep breaths. Then read the questions carefully. On the plotting problems take your time and make sure you are reading the correct numbers. On the PVT test the answers are far enough away from each other so that the correct one will be pretty obvious once you work it out. And good luck!

Test Taking

All good advice, however there is one more piece of advice. When you get to a question and you are not 100% certain of the answer, generally the first impression is the one to go with. Do not try to over analyze the question. The FAA is big on verbage that may trip you up. Only one answer IS the right answer (though more than once we old timers have found a mistake or two).

Good luck and for Gods sake, build some more time.

Latest resources

Back