• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Taking Down a Bad Fed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is an Easy one: Maria since your a female, Just Hollar sexual Harrasment. It works every time.

We had a situation in SOCAL where the degsinated examiner, was joking around with the student and the student took it all seriously. The student just happened to be a well educated former lawyer, he took it all the way to the top of the Examiner unit in OK city and he almost got his DE taken away he ended up having to do checkrides with someone watching him for a year. The student was part native american and the examiner was making some questionable jokes, so the student used Racial Descrimination to get him.

Just a thought

ScRaMJeT said:
This is an Easy one: Maria since your a female, Just Hollar sexual Harrasment. It works every time.

We had a situation in SOCAL where the degsinated examiner, was joking around with the student and the student took it all seriously. The student just happened to be a well educated former lawyer, he took it all the way to the top of the Examiner unit in OK city and he almost got his DE taken away he ended up having to do checkrides with someone watching him for a year. The student was part native american and the examiner was making some questionable jokes, so the student used Racial Descrimination to get him.

Just a thought
I think I know this DPE. Sounds like the same one who kept making sexual jokes to my female friend in the middle of her checkride.

Shows what a tiny world this is... Mention a bad Fed and three mention similar guys... and two recognize those other guys.

Just got word today that all charges are dropped. No 709, LOI, Remedial Training, Warning Letter, 'We'll be back," or even an apology. Just "dropped".

Thanks to Logbook Pro for allowing me to print just the affected flights without having to expose my paper logbook for review.

Thanks to all that PM'd and responded.

So much for an 'open' relationship with the FAA. Just one bad egg and I came close to losing everything. The last 10 years gone. Income, gone. Job, gone. Future, compromised. Stress, extreme. I've prepared to lose the medical. I've never thought about losing the certificates.

There are two Feds that I'll still talk to without a lawyer. If they think I need a correction, they'll tell me first, not threaten. The rest I can't trust. My co-captain, a big 'open-relationship' proponent has revised his opinion. 20+ years as a safety counselor, he'll now send folks to the aviation lawyer first before they talk to the FAA about problems.

There are no checks or balances in this system, unless you can afford to fight in front of an NTSB board, and your only chance is if the FAA screwed up their paperwork. You're guilty until proven innocent, and that's only if the Inspector/Lawyers are willing to listen to your evidence.

Bob Hoover was only an exception because he made the press AND he could afford to fight.

I'm hitting the jack daniels tonight... ain't flying 'til Monday. That should be enough time to recover. . .

Regards,
Maria

Good

Good job on fighting the system. Your pretty much correct in everything you said. I'm glad you made it through.

ScramJet

Maria,

The best weapon that you have is in your phone book. You need to contact your rep. both Dem. and Rep. (even though I am a Rep. the Dems. respond better to something like this) Include with your contact all correspondence and examples of him being a pain. As a women if you do it you will get extra points.The heat will be on and it won't be long before he ask for a transfer or he gets put on diffrent status. It is an election year you have everything going for you. In the end you will teach him that he is to be public servant and he is there to serve the public, and in accordance with the Federal Aviation act of 1958 promote aviation.Some of these guys think they are the newest Kojak in aviation, they have a lot to learn.
In respect to the FAA as a whole I find that they are wonderful people to work with. The ratio is about 1 guy for every 1000 that tends to be a jerk, about the same for any place in the world.

Dave

Latest resources

Back