• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Taking a 152 Across "the Pond"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a PA28 going to South Africa as soon as the tanking company gives me the call sayin it's ready... I don't deal in containerizing airplanes to big a hassle to many things to deal with! And for ferrying aircraft to many people undercut and whore them selves out mostly on domestic flights!

Oh!! I have dropped a few planes off to places that crate them up and ship them...

Southern Cross?

Southern Cross?

No, an outfit in Bellingham, WA I have a client from India that been buying 152's 1983 to 1985 they are looking for more if you know of any? let me know they are quick closers and I bring the cash at airplane pick up!!!

Also When Shipping Expect something Below:

Buying or Leasing a Container
Container Delivery Charges
Hangar Rental
Disassembly "Mechanics Fees"
Packing
Cartage
Export Entry (Customs)
Origin Charges (USA) e.g. ports terminal handling, forklift, wharfage
Insurance (Maritime)
Freight
CABAF
Documents - Carrier Bill of Lading
Documents - House Bill of Lading
Maritime Security
Destination Charges e.g. terminal handling charges, forklift, wharfage
Delivery Order
Customs Clearance
MAF/Quartantine/AQIS
Cartage
Unpack
Reassembly (If changing reg not a real problem)
Container Return To Port If Not Purchased

You Can Pack 3 Complete 152's In a Container (I have seen it done) tight fit takes some shoe horning and special crating to tie all three together for a snug fit.

No, an outfit in Bellingham, WA I have a client from India that been buying 152's 1983 to 1985 they are looking for more if you know of any? let me know they are quick closers and I bring the cash at airplane pick up!!!

Also When Shipping Expect something Below:

Buying or Leasing a Container
Container Delivery Charges
Hangar Rental
Disassembly "Mechanics Fees"
Packing
Cartage
Export Entry (Customs)
Origin Charges (USA) e.g. ports terminal handling, forklift, wharfage
Insurance (Maritime)
Freight
CABAF
Documents - Carrier Bill of Lading
Documents - House Bill of Lading
Maritime Security
Destination Charges e.g. terminal handling charges, forklift, wharfage
Delivery Order
Customs Clearance
MAF/Quartantine/AQIS
Cartage
Unpack
Reassembly (If changing reg not a real problem)
Container Return To Port If Not Purchased

You Can Pack 3 Complete 152's In a Container (I have seen it done) tight fit takes some shoe horning and special crating to tie all three together for a snug fit.

Globe Aero in Lakeland FL tanks and ferries aircraft. When it comes to piston singles they only ferry new ones, but they might tank it up for you.

I hope the Indians you are dealing with, arent Agni Aviation in Bangalore.

Going across the northern route this time of year can be really sketchy and you can be waiting for weeks for weather to clear. Going SE with a good tailwind to Azores from St Johns would be better.

Globe Aero in Lakeland FL tanks and ferries aircraft. When it comes to piston singles they only ferry new ones, but they might tank it up for you.

I hope the Indians you are dealing with, arent Agni Aviation in Bangalore.

Going across the northern route this time of year can be really sketchy and you can be waiting for weeks for weather to clear. Going SE with a good tailwind to Azores from St Johns would be better.

No, Never herd of Agni Aviation and globe will not tank for anyone but their pilots Which is a PFT type of work!!! Yea, Pay us XXXX amount of money we will hire you and train you with below standard pay I think $125.00 a day hahahahahahaha!!!!! I or no self respecting pilot will work the north atlantic for $125.00 a day!!!!

I never had to pay Globe when I did some flights for them

I shipped my C-170 from Panama (central america) to Tampa, FL delivered at the hanger. I think it was like 2000-3000 grand. considering it would be a 30 hour flight. It would have been at least 1500-2000 for landing fees etc gas customs hotels. Its really a wash.

I'd fly a C150 across the pond. I would be scared crazy but I'd do it.

Anyone ever heard of flying a 152 across the pond? There are tons over there, and they had to get there somehow.

Most were built there by Reims Aviation.

Buy a book called Ocean Flying by Louise Sacchi

ETA: Oops, posted this before I saw you've done this before. Oh well, I'll leave the book listed anyway

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back