Take Hornet Drvr off the SWA list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Freep

Freep: Go back and read the posts. Switch Monkey isn't complaining about anything, he was a stand up guy and took himself off the list at SW because he has decided to stay at FedEx. He didn't want to hold up the hiring process for someone else at SW or cost them any money ot time keeping him up to date since he had made his decision. That shows a lot of class and concern for others.

Perhaps you took my post for complaining, and again perhaps you didn't read it very thoroughly. NOBODY is complaning about having options. This I'm sure was a common lament in the heydays of hiring back in the late 90s and early 2000. We come to this forum to share ideas and perhaps seek input from those who have something to offer that might actually be HELPFUL in making a decision, or maybe just for some entertainment.

The bottom line is that a job will open up (eventually) for somebody else at either FedEx or SW, regardless of what my decision is. In Monkey's case the position is now open at SW. No complaints, just some venting and sharing of info.

I was looking for some discussion on my analogy of the seniority issue. Do folks agree that it would be a lateral or upward move, as opposed to a downward move as is normal. Any thoughts on that?

Nobody is complaining, and I for one feel extremely lucky to have a choice, but it still must be made. If I could give away either slot to a deserving pilot believe me I would and I know several who deserve it.

FJ

Fearless,

FJ is a highly qualified pilot who did the preparation required to have a couple of job offers. Lots of people in the last 4-5 years have been in the same situation. They do not need to apologize to anyone for having mulitple offers nor should they just "take what they got and be greatful".

FDX is a great job. Its also a very, very difficult lifestyle doing hub turns in the middle of the night on reserve, and its certainly not for everybody. AA, DAL, NW, and United all have guys who decided they couldn't hang with the tough hours and lifestyle and left us for greener pastures. Some got burned in the post 9/11 world, but some are still out there on the line at other majors.

At what point is a guy supposed to quit striving to do what is best for him and his family?

Yeah, its tough for a lot of folks right now. However, without rubbing salt in anyone's wounds, the guys who do the preparation, networking, and make things happen owe themselves the opportunity to do what is best for their own interest. Folks ought to be asking FJ "how did you do that?" rather than attacking him for having options.

Albie,

As usual you are far more eloquent at saying what I'm thinking.

I second the above.

Wishing everyone trying to get a job the best.

FBJ

Amazing how one guy posts a statement saying he's gonna stay put and it turns into a "my pecker is bigger than yours" debate! :rolleyes:

At least at FDX you wont have to deal with obnoxious passengers. I did that for 4 and half years at Horizon and I would sit on the panel untill age 60 before going back. I dont know what it is, but the public seems to loss all their manners once they board an airplane. Rude, obnoxious, no class at all....

dixieflyer,

You must've been flying in and out of the California markets. Talk about a bunch of self-absorbed, arrogant, you-know-whats!! It's interesting to see how people behave depending on where you are. The CA crowd takes the cake. (Having spent several years at SkyWest in an out of LAX and SFO all day... I can attest!) For example, fly from PHX to BNA and the folks are pretty well behaved and friendly. Fly between BUR & LAS or SNA to/from anywhere and these people will make you lose all hope for humanity. Some FAs frequent this board... perhaps they can coment.

I was recently able to escape the PSRCA and get my family out. We were lucky the whacko burned-out hippies from Sacramento didn't send a political officer to place us under arrest for trying to leave. We are happy to report we are safely in Arizona and have only one more CA tax return to file (for 2003.) After that the whacko burned-out hippies from Sacramento can kiss my arse!!

Hey maybe we can turn this into a "my state is better than your state" thread.

If you are missing that pax experience all you have to do is turn on A & E @ 10 Eastern on Mondays and watch "airline".

By-the-way, my State is better then your State!

dixieflyer said:
I dont know what it is, but the public seems to loss all their manners once they board an airplane. Rude, obnoxious, no class at all....

I used to think that the metel detectors served a secret dual function. The secret function being that if a common sense zapper. After a while I decided that the attitude change/intelligence draining device must be hidden somewhere in the airport entrance signs.

I know it's got to be somewhere, cause people sure do act stupid, and do it with a bad attitude, when in the airport or airplane.

:D

enigma

FedEx all the way baby... You won't be flipping those switches for ever buddy.. Hang in there.

Airlines tend to be a grind sometimes, and I would give my left nut to fly for FedEx anyday.

Swa is also a nice place to be, but i really don't think i could leave one for the other!

Good chatter on the tread boys...

Good luck

RoCk

RightBettor said:
Amazing how one guy posts a statement saying he's gonna stay put and it turns into a "my pecker is bigger than yours" debate! :rolleyes:

Hey RightBettor, my pecker is bigger than yours!!!

:cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back