Take care of yourselves out there...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Relic01

I know that these are trying times but guys, please take time to relax and laugh out there. A friend informed me of a Comair capt that hung himself in a hotel a couple of nights ago on a highspeed. Did not come to lobby for flight and when they went to the room he had done it. I feel for the guy, his family and wonder if I ever walked by the guy, how I would have help or said a kind word. We never know how we may affect someone's day so even for a day, say something or do something nice for someone you work with.

My condolences to the Comair guys and his family/friends.

Smile at a stranger, ask someone how their day is going (and listen to the answer), compliment someone on something they have done, wave to someone across the field whom you have not seen in a while, offer up the extra two cents for someone at the checkout who is fumbling for change. All too often we forget how the little things we do can mean so much.

Man, that's horrible that he felt he had nowhere left to turn. Ditto what Fly Chick said. We're all in this together (life, not just aviation).

Condolences.

Fly_Chick said:
Smile at a stranger, ask someone how their day is going (and listen to the answer), compliment someone on something they have done, wave to someone across the field whom you have not seen in a while, offer up the extra two cents for someone at the checkout who is fumbling for change. All too often we forget how the little things we do can mean so much.

great advice. we can even try to be nice to each other on this site :D

I hope that if any of you foks get those thoughts, go talk with someone. Anyone! My little brother shot himself so I know the pain of that type of thing. No letter, no nothing. He left behind two little ones that will never know what a great dad they had. My kids won't know their uncle who literally give you the shirt from his back.

Just because you think life is not worth living doesn't mean you'll feel that way tomorrow. and you'll hurt lots of people that want you in their life. We are never better off without those who are loved in our lives.

God bless his family and let there be mercy for him.

A highspeed is called a CDO, or continuous duty overnight, at some airlines. Other palces call it a Nap. It's one of those overnights where you do one leg in, stay on duty all night, then out the next morning, then off the rest of the day.

Latest resources

Back