TAB Express DED,Fla.

G-force

Total Time
5200 +
Does anyone know anything about TAB Express????What kind of company is it to work for????

kingaira90

Total Time
OK I'll be the one to break the news. They are out of business. They did it with flair by taking millions in students money at the same time. They are being investigated by the fla sec state for fraud. Their "airline" never flew a revenue flight, and collapsed at the same time as the school b/c they were using students money to finance the whole thing. Probably not the best place to work.-kingaira90

kingaira90

Total Time
for more info including the news clips, do a search. There was a big thread in the training forum.-kingaira90

Hung Start

Just the cleanup guy
Total Time
enough
Close:

Tab Express DED FL should read:

Tab Express DEAD FL.

FlightTraker

Total Time
Just looked at July 2005 issue of AOPA Flight Training at the FBO and they still have an add for TAB Airline!@?

RoughAir

Total Time
Life
TAB Express closed its doors on June 15, 2005. See previous posts. They took student's money right up to the end.

G-force

Total Time
5200 +
TAB Express,DED

To EMB170PILOT
Call the Airport Mgr's office at DED,they can probably tell you who they are.

Batfish

Total Time
Owners:

Bob Adamo, Tony Adamo

Head Goon and snake oil salesman:

Mitch Mitchelson

Batfish

Total Time
Thats right Tony and Bob are brothers in law not brothers. Remember TAB stands for Tony and Bob. But I will agree that Bob and Mitch are the real criminals. Batfish

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Total Time
2 of the smarter men in aviation management today IMHO.

How did it go in TOMMY BOY:

"like shootin' fish in a barrel my friend, fish in a barrel"

kingaira90

Total Time
yes the same Mitch as ATA. Although with them he was just the head recruiter. At TAB he was the head recruiter AND had a big hand in how the program was set up and I am sure the airline idea. Before Mitch, you could get 200hrs of king air time for 16,500 I believe. With his help it was more like 60k for the same. I guess the HUGE hype and the uniforms cost a lot.-kingaira90

kilroy

http://www.filecabi.net/v
Total Time
7000+
Do they have a Westwind.?? I was supposed ferry flight a ww24 out of Deland I think it is associated with them

kingaira90

Total Time
yep, I had a trip in there a few weeks ago. There were 4 westwind/jet commanders parked together on the ramp. Bob, the owner has a westwind type so it would make sense that they would have some. Before the school thing, the main biz was buying, fixing up a reselling kingairs. It would make sense that he may be doing the same thing with westwinds.-kingaira90

Dr Pokenhiemer

Total Time
9000+
They also messed me up. Had an Air Ambulance flight supposed to go into DED the day after they closed the doors. Tried calling the FBO for 2 days. We couldn't get ahold of anyone to make plans for fuel so we had to go to Daytona instead.

L.Skywalker

Total Time
few
Not surprising. Bob Adamo, Robert "Mitch" Mitchelson, and Tony Ptach are crooks and shouldn't be allowed to work in aviation in any capacity, at any time, ever again.

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Total Time
They had a westwind that sat in sua for years and years and just leaked fuel all over the ramp.

Trust me Odamo never "fixed up" king airs. He might have sold a few but i'm sure he did not put one dime into them.