• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TAB Express DED,Fla.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys remember that guy that came on here with the triplane avitar and kept talking about how he's ex delta and it's the best training around. How the training was better because everyone was being trained by ex airline guys in uniform.

It was a while ago but it was pretty funny.

Are you from SUA? I worked out of there for a year
Diesel said:
They had a westwind that sat in sua for years and years and just leaked fuel all over the ramp.

Trust me Odamo never "fixed up" king airs. He might have sold a few but i'm sure he did not put one dime into them.

Actually saw it happen. Bob had a nack for finding deals on a and b 90's with decent engines. I think it was just constantly looking with a willingness to buy. He would have his guys redo the interior and have it repainted and either sell or lease it. He seemed to be doing well with that before the tabexpress airline thing. The darkside called with the huge hordes of cash and gullible students, so he became the co-leader of the underworld (with Mitch).

Not saying he was actually fixing the westwinds/jetcommanders. But he really did with the kingairs. They were the groundwork for fleecing the students!-kingaira90

forgetting Tab for a minute, the general concept was pretty interesting as flight training goes. I think they took some of this from the foreign carriers who ran schools to teach you there way of operating right from the get go.

No doubt, the concept was great, syllabus as good as it gets, training both classroom and flight w/ current or retired 121 pilots in turbine aircraft(albiet old and rusty) the best out there, but the execution and delivery couldn't have been worse. The model is one worthy of recognition, in my opinion, but I was there pre-airline. The problem was the crooks running the program and their airline dillusion, spreading themselves too thin, diverting operating revenues, and lying about it.

I knew them all years ago but do not know what happened. The use of A90 King Airs was clever,,,,, tanks with wings. I actually flew on a number of their student flights.

The problem of course is that even done correctly, it is very expensive. While many on these boards think you must be a lousy pilot if you did not flight instruct for a few years, the study of systems and heading right to where you want to go has merit.

I cannot really see much difference from my situation. A partner and I decided to learn to fly and knew we wanted to be multi engine instrument pilots to do what we wanted. We bought our first aircraft just for flight instruction but well enough equiped to do cross country instrument flying. We started flying instrument flight probably by the 30th hour or so. We traded that aircraft the day we got our privates and bought an Piper Arrow to finish the instrument and traded that for an Aztec the day we got that rating. It was an approch that in the end kept the time and cost down by eliminating a good part of the bore holes time.

A program like this with say Baron's and King Airs could have produced pilots well trained and at a lower cost.

Publishers said:
A program like this with say Baron's and King Airs could have produced pilots well trained and at a lower cost.

Actually the expensiveness of the program was a fabrication through time, adjusting to all the traffic would bear.

In 2000, when the "airline style" school was being created at tab. You could still get the old rates off their website. Remember there were a bunch of Spanish students that just basically rented the planes and shared the time, before they moved from vero. It was $16,500 for 100hrs of shared time in an a90. Bob's payments on the kingairs are probably 1/4 or less of the price of a new baron. The "cost" of the program went to lining pockets, buying buildings, and dumping loads of cash into a toy "airline". -kingaira90

Did anybody ever see that TAB ad with the construction worker being transformed into a pilot? I called awhile back and asked them which way the transformation was going, because where I come from a good union construction job pays more than some half a$$ed regional airline. They just hung up the phone, it was the funniest sh!!t ever!

To Publishers

Are the perpetrators that ripped off these flight students in jail yet????Have they even been charged by the the State of Florida??????

Last edited:
nyflr said:
Did anybody ever see that TAB ad with the construction worker being transformed into a pilot? I called awhile back and asked them which way the transformation was going, because where I come from a good union construction job pays more than some half a$$ed regional airline. They just hung up the phone, it was the funniest sh!!t ever!

I remember that ad. I believe it said on it "get the respect you deserve" Bwahahahahahahahaa

Latest resources

Back