• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some quick Highlights:

9% pay cut (more if above 12 years)
12 year Captain longevity cap
4 year FO longevity cap
50% 401K match up to 10%
cash payout from $2000-$26000 upon exit from bankruptcy
No flow but single day expedited interview/hiring process (2 chances)
Delta hires a certain number of 9E outside of this program as well
Mesaba flow stays intact
Some medical and furlough payouts
Health care pretty much unchanged
7.5 year guarantee for 81 900's with Richard Andersons signature on it
likely 9E becomes whole owned of Delta
Same min day of 4 hours
Some give up a week of vacation for 2014
Contract still way above lowest competitors
Delta airlines becomes involved in grievance process
5% of trips can be 5 day worth 25 hours
Probably less 150% open time, same junior man pay though
Profit sharing

Lee Moawk was instrumental in the whole deal.

Which competitor is this possibly above? 12 year captain cap? 4 yr Fo cap? Can this possibly be true? Wtf is a single day expedited interview? A quick way to show you the door? Everyone that is getting furloughed (which sadly, is most of you) needs to ask themselves, would you rather leave this job with more money or less money? Delta has shown their hand. You are getting furloughed either way. As bigger equipment shows up, the 200's go away. Your vote means nothing.

Delta cant shut you down too quickly, as your routes must be covered. But, most assuredly, your routes are going away. You can only decide to leave with more money or less money. If you are an Fo, or low time captain, the preferential interview means nothing, as a bunch of Captains from (insert generic regional airline here) will also be applying. (Unfortunately), You will probably end up on another regionals payroll. Your vote may well influence just how paltry your next paycheck is, as well as your current one.

Every airline is going to come after their pilots for cuts if your abortion of an offer passes. You are not only going to reduce your current wage, but your future one as well. I could almost see voting in a cut to save your job. However, no matter what you vote on this, your position has been decided. I'm glad I am not in your shoes right now. I hope I'm not coming across in any way as smug or superior. My luck has just been better so far.

Don't let the senior guys pressure you into a yes vote. Vote what is best for you, as well as what's left of the so called profession. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Is this Regional board ONLY for regional pilots? I happen to like the WHOLE industry, and I have friends at Regionals (like the Mesaba guys that turned down the flow up) and at Legacies, etc. I have opionions for many parts of this industry. Is that NOT allowed? I didn't read that anywhere. I used to fly at the "commuters" long ago, and that never left me. PUT ME ON IGNORE IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. Sorry again about your wife, I hope she gets better.
I really don't want a deadly crash to ever happen again but if it does I hope your in the front row. I can't even watch the news about those kids but you thrive on that ******************** because they are not your kids. Thats who you are and Delta will make that even worse. You never knew the word NO growing up did you??? This world is fucced up because of people with your selfish mentality. I have a PHD in Psychology and fly for a regional airline and love it. I have my own business on the side but we don't take people at your level!! (mentality)To you that is trailer trash but you probaly cook burgers with the guy that works at walmart and treat him like God. I know I am close there huh? ******************** you and all DAL pilots! Next time I talk to you will be in person>!!! You have fun spanking on FI!

Is this Regional board ONLY for regional pilots? I happen to like the WHOLE industry, and I have friends at Regionals (like the Mesaba guys that turned down the flow up) and at Legacies, etc. I have opionions for many parts of this industry. Is that NOT allowed? I didn't read that anywhere. I used to fly at the "commuters" long ago, and that never left me. PUT ME ON IGNORE IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. Sorry again about your wife, I hope she gets better.
I really don't want a deadly crash to ever happen again but if it does I hope your in the front row. I can't even watch the news about those kids but you thrive on that ******************** because they are not your kids. Thats who you are and Delta will make that even worse. You never knew the word NO growing up did you??? This world is fucced up because of people with your selfish mentality. I have a PHD in Psychology and fly for a regional airline and love it. I have my own business on the side but we don't take people at your level!! (mentality)To you that is trailer trash but you probaly cook burgers with the guy that works at walmart and treat him like God. I know I am close there huh? ******************** you and all DAL pilots! Next time I talk to you will be in person>!!! You have fun spanking on FI!

Well oh-Kay then........ Let it out.... Easy now. Goodnight....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Budd,

Not to be a dick or anything, but you're the one that's sounding all crazy man. Why do you let GL get under your skin like that? He's harmless!!! Keep your head up and put your best foot forward, I truly hope you are 'ok' and your wife gets better.

Whelp, there goes the neighborhood. That's a 50-seat rate for flying a -900. PRECISELY what Delta was going for, with the blessing of ALPA. All for a guaranteed interview. Sounds like a flimsy Flying mag ad.

I bet it passes. Lump sum payments are very enticing for those about to lose their job. I am just stating reality. Between that and the guarenteed quick interview, it passes.

When you factor in SS and everything else, any bonus that is paid will be taxed at a much higher rate than normal.

40% is a rough number. These guys gonna sell out for a 5K check - 40%. What's that gonna pay for a couple months' rent or something?

Latest resources

Back