and so I turned inside once more.

To my amazement
there stood a raven
whose shadow hung above my door.
Then through the silence
it spoke that one word
that I shall hear forever more...
Nevermore

This would sound really cool in a metal song.

mrtoy,

did the lunar module time help you land that job for the majors? Did i see you online at NASA?

suupah said:
Hey any of you guys know if the majors will only hire those with Jet PIC time. are the prop drivers in the regionals gonna get screwed when it comes hiring time again at the majors?

Judging by my SWA interview coming in three weeks, I'd say no. No turbojet PIC, only turboprop and recip.

I'm hoping that my jet time will pay off in the future with a job at a major. I think that the majors will want guys with time in aircraft that are similar to ones that they operate and I don't know of any majors that fly turboprops.

Though I agree about the jet thing, However a fully automated jet with FMS is a lot easier to fly than a turboprop with less avionics. I think that the PIC time is probably the most valuable. And maybe some of the old timers doing the hiring will sympathize with the guys who flew in all the weather like they did starting out.

congrats o the SWA interview. you mind telling me where you are a beech captain?

suupah said:
mrtoy,

did the lunar module time help you land that job for the majors? Did i see you online at NASA?

No but I believe my 2300 hours of turboprop PIC may have had some thing to do with it... The majors don't give a rats a$$ about jet vs turboprop. They want to know if you can be a leader. They don't hire first officers as they can cost to much money...

suupah said:
congrats o the SWA interview. you mind telling me where you are a beech captain?

Thanks!

I'm a captain with CommutAir. Hadn't planned on being here more than a couple years (like all of us), but it's been a terrific experience so far aside from the pay (of course). Several of our guys have gone to SWA, including one just a few months ago. I'm hopeful!

Last edited:
410 Dude: One hopes you enjoyed your time, however quite short, at 410.

To my amazement
there stood a raven
whose shadow hung above my door.

Quoth the raven, "Never more."

SCR

Latest resources

Back