t prop time and the majors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

suupah

Hey any of you guys know if the majors will only hire those with Jet PIC time. are the prop drivers in the regionals gonna get screwed when it comes hiring time again at the majors?

suupah said:
Hey any of you guys know if the majors will only hire those with Jet PIC time. are the prop drivers in the regionals gonna get screwed when it comes hiring time again at the majors?

I don't think so. All my PIC time was TP.

suupah said:

The majors will look down on your space shuttle experience-The lack of actual IMC time in space will hold you back.

suupah said:

If my sources are correct.....No pilot with TP time has ever been hired by a major airline. Strange but true.

PIC turbine is PIC; unless you're interested in going overseas to do expat work, you don't need PIC jet. Turboprop PIC is just as good.

Captain Overs said:
If my sources are correct.....No pilot with TP time has ever been hired by a major airline. Strange but true.

Huh :confused:, you're joking right?

Where did the majors find their pilots before the advent of the RJ?

TP

suupah said:
The clock struck midnight
and through my sleeping
I heard a tapping at my door
I looked but nothing lay in the darkness
and so I turned inside once more.

To my amazement
there stood a raven
whose shadow hung above my door.
Then through the silence
it spoke that one word
that I shall hear forever more...
Nevermore

Last edited:
The majors haven't seen a problem with my turboprop pic either. Do people really think that there is a difference? The only difference I have found is that it was HARDER to fly the turboprops than the turbojets. IMHO.

Latest resources

Back