Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyingHigh262

NKAWTG
Im getting ready to go to UPT, but I dont have my school dates yet. Just wondering do you guys know which bases still have the T-37 for UPT? How close are they to getting phased out? I would much rather fly the T-6! Which bases should I expect to go with the T-6 for the first phase of UPT? Vance, Laughlin, and Randolph for the T-6? and for the T-1 Columbus or Vance? or Randolph, but isnt that to train IPs? PLEASE ADVISE....

Down here at Laughlin we are all T6...Vance is all T6 now as well..Columbus still has Tweets until November time frame where they will start phasing in the T6...also you cant go to Randolph for UPT..its for PIT (instructor pilot training and Nav training). Also all the bases, Columbus, Vance, Laughlin have T1s so youll be staying there unless you track Herks or Helos

:cool: Real men fly the Tweeter. :cool:

Otto77 said:
Down here at Laughlin we are all T6...Vance is all T6 now as well..Columbus still has Tweets until November time frame where they will start phasing in the T6...also you cant go to Randolph for UPT..its for PIT (instructor pilot training and Nav training). Also all the bases, Columbus, Vance, Laughlin have T1s so youll be staying there unless you track Herks or Helos

so ill be at laughlin vance or columbus for phase 1 and 2?...im gonna be flying the kc135...

FlyingHigh262 said:
so ill be at laughlin vance or columbus for phase 1 and 2?...im gonna be flying the kc135...
You will be at the same base for all your UPT training unless you get assigned to Moody. Then you would go somewhere else for Phase 3, but I don't think they send Guard/Reserve guys to Moody in the first place, at least none that I have heard of.

Each base has it's own good and bad points, but either way, it will be a lot of fun. Good luck, have fun in stand up!

MarineGrunt said:
You will be at the same base for all your UPT training unless you get assigned to Moody. Then you would go somewhere else for Phase 3, but I don't think they send Guard/Reserve guys to Moody in the first place, at least none that I have heard of.

Each base has it's own good and bad points, but either way, it will be a lot of fun. Good luck, have fun in stand up!

thats what i figured with staying at the same base...ya i havent heard of any guard guys going to moody...plus i think they are closing it down...i try and make the best of any situation...i just want to be at pilot training at this point

well since you know what you'll be in... you're guard or reserve right?

which?

were you enlisted prior, or howd you get your foot in the door?

congrats on UPT!!! itll be a blast. hopefully i'll be there in 4 years :)

frog_flyer said:
well since you know what you'll be in... you're guard or reserve right?

which?

were you enlisted prior, or howd you get your foot in the door?

congrats on UPT!!! itll be a blast. hopefully i'll be there in 4 years :)

im enlisted prior in the guard...ive been in for almost 7yrs....im currently a kc-135 crew chief so ill be flying the same aircraft ive been working on which is cool...NKAWTG...i just keep applying to different places...ive got a good stack of rejection letters going...it only takes one "yes" and ur in so dont let anyone stop ur attack...someone will eventually let you in...just keep applying to as many places as you can

Latest resources

Back