Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Re: Re: F-15E

DaveGriffin said:

If that's the case then why are the Navy pilots getting all the time over target and wearing out their airplanes?

:D Fly Navy
The Navy pilots get all of the time (although most of it is not over the target) because it takes them longer to get to, find, hit the target and find their way back to the boat. The MudEagles show up, ID the target, drop their ordnance (on target the first time) and depart. In and out, quick and dirty. They don't spend time marshalling after the cat shot and marshalling for the boat, and waiting for their turn/time slot to hit the pattern. :D FLY, FIGHT & WIN...GO AF

I'm glad we have the flexibility of options to piss bad news on the heads of any of those assholes no matter where they try to hide and no matter what type of anti-air defense they manage to field. My complements to my former Navy bro's in the fielding, training and use of PGM's (finally). It's nice to see them in the ballgame and getting results, even with the venerable old Tomcat.

As far as the USAF goes, well they do have some nice stuff and it was nice to always have the 14K' of concrete to land on while I was on loan to them. Their Social Actions offices always had really nice furniture in them, too. And the bitches who worked there really seemed to know their shi'ite. They definitely had a positive impact on me. I still don't know why they weren't at home cooking and cleaning, but WTF, a couple of them had super-nice racks.

XNAV,

For a Navy guy, you are WAY alright. I likewise had frequent flyer miles with the social actions branches in my neighborhoods. The SA folks were always a bit militant for my taste, but if you look closely at most fighter bases you'll find at least one or two good looking AICs begging for trouble working the ops desk. My favorite stories (with names/dates/locations classified)

Good lookin' gal in EOR pulling pins off F15s. Later married to F15 pilot.

Good lookin' ops desk gal. Has "relations" with several pilots in sqdn, including unmarried senior leadership. Ducking for cover--expecting huge frag pattern any day...but never happens. Instead...marrys another pilot from another sqdn. Collective "sigh" of relief from countless in/around situation.

Of course--we all know that is like pulling the pin out of grenade and waiting for the explosion. Its just a matter of time....

Fly safe,

Albie

You know, when you think that the USAF also has bars in the squadrons, which means they have fighter pilots, whiskey and off-limits poon-tang all under the same roof....... I'm starting to wonder why I went to the airlines instead of just putting in for an interservice transfer.

Gentlemen (and I use that term loosely),

Please stick to the topic. If you want to ramble incoherently, start your own threads.

Perhaps you'll pardon me if I write this post in a more personal vein than usual. I want to tell you about some personal perceptions of mine, primarily because the underlying reasons and causes of your dictatorial dissertations must be defined, examined, and resolved, or they'll never cease.

In the rest of my post, I will use history and science (in the Hegelian sense) to prove that you all have a near-legendary lack of common sense, decency, and manners. You should learn to appreciate what you had instead of feeling so oppressed because you can't do everything you want, every time you want to.

You all use a litany of euphemisms, buzz words, and doublespeak to help him flush all our hopes and dreams down the toilet. Now, I could go off on that point alone, but your demands are not an abstract problem. They have very concrete, immediate, and unpleasant consequences. For instance, you maliciously defame and damagingly misrepresent everyone and everything around yourselves. There's a word for that: libel. Some people are responsible and others are not. Most of you fall into the category of "not".

Now that my post is nearly over, I pray that my logic and passion have convinced everyone that it would be a strategic blunder of epic proportions for us to let you back in the ranks, only so that you may once again mete out harsh and arbitrary belly-aching for all to hear, until we're reduced into a benumbed, neutralized, impotent, and non-functioning mass.

Your thoughts are more than welcomed.

You just really aren't very bright are you? You seem to have trouble formulating complex thoughts and even more trouble articulating them. For your sake, I hope you never get RIF'ed. Civilian job interviewers can spot a sorry little twitch like you from a mile away.

Now, Albie.....can you provide a few more details about your SA adventures?

Calling your bluff..

Dave Griffin,

I'm raising the bullsh*t flag on you. Your posts simply aren't believable.

What BUD/S class were you in?

Who was your swim buddy?

You know, there are some websites that hunt down dudes that claim they are things they aren't (they apparently have more time than most people) for example, saying you're a SEAL on an anonymous forum.

Chunk

Proud of my 6.5 years of service, getting out 22MAY02! I don't owe the military anything.

Re: Calling your bluff..

Chunk said:
Dave Griffin,

I'm raising the bullsh*t flag on you. Your posts simply aren't believable.

Proud of my 6.5 years of service, getting out 22MAY02! I don't owe the military anything.

Chunk

Chunk;

My comments to Goose17 regarding the curtain in the C-130 Black Bird as well as my comments to AlbieF15 regarding jumping the OV-10 make perfect sense, to anyone familiar with the A/C being discussed. Since you never had the opportunity to support Naval Special Warfare as a crewman in the P-3 or S-3, I can see why you could be in a state of confusion.

Your comments about owing the Navy nothing after 6 ½ years service is exactly the attitude that I find detestable. I have met and worked with many pilots and crew, and the single attribute that distinguishes the good from the mediocre is the spirit of teamwork and single-minded dedication to mission. There is nothing wrong with doing your time and getting out. There is a lot wrong with getting out and bad mouthing the Navy (or Army or USAF or USMC). There was no draft, you alone made the decision to enlist. Quit yer b*tchin short timer.

Reviewing some old notes

very well put...I have watched many of your post...The only problem is you never grew up with the lights out on an active duty post. Actually there is alot to be said for that Sir..anyone touches your beer i counsel them, anyone touches your aircraft i kill them...Mr. Military Dependent Rogers....
AlbieF15 said:
Speed,

I have worked with a variety of supervisors in my 14 year career, some good, some bad. I'm not there yet, but some pretty smart folks mentioned to me I'd find the same in the airlines, both on the line and in management. By the same token, there are happy airline pilots and miserable airline pilots, and it seems to me about 85% of the difference is attitude.

If you served a day for your country..you did a service that many never do. I don't care if you were dropping bombs, flying cargo, passing gas, or flying DVs around in a C-21...you did what your country asked. I'm glad you were on the team.

I'm also glad you found your niche in civilian aviation. I hope to join you there in 2 weeks. In the meantime--how about remembering a little board etiquitte? I am getting out...I agreed that the grass for me was greener on the outside. However...rants against guys who stay in with terms like "loser" and "too scared to get out" don't do justice to the guys who stay in. Right now there are friends of mine scattered across the globe in some crappy places far from family. They are there to impose our national will on those who would do us harm. They aren't there for the pay...you can't pay me enough to enjoy 120 days away from the family at a pop. (Navy guys do this routinely on cruises) You may think being a well-paid airline pilot buys you security, but another shoe bomb or hijack that doesn't get thrwarted may very well mean more furloughs, airlines going out of business, etc. Especially in aviation, right now your job security is on the razors edge...and the success of our military operations have a direct effect on your economic livlihood. If I were you, I'd be very thankful there are people willing to try to stay in 20-30 years and doing the leadership jobs--making due with much less money than you (and hopefully me soon) will be making, and being greatful for the (often closed) commissary and (overpriced and poorly serviced) Bx/Px exhanges.

Again--I'm getting out...happily! I also saw some non-effective officers and poor policies. I also worked with some of the best people I have ever met. However...I am forever indebted to those guys who stick it out, move every three years, endure the remotes, work the 14 hour days, and, oh yeah, occassionally die doing their jobs. If they weren't there making sacrifices, you can bet the "our Delta is better than SWA who is better than United" BS banter would become moot in about 48 hours.

As always...fly safe. And try to play nice.

Albie

Latest resources

Back