Sylvester?s Letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vinny

[FONT=&quot]Have you noticed that in Sylvester[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT]s latest letter he repeatedly refers to [FONT=&quot]"[/FONT]The Teamsters[FONT=&quot]"[/FONT] and [FONT=&quot]"[/FONT]The Union[FONT=&quot]"[/FONT], as though they are separate entities of which we are not a part? I know this is a standard union busting ploy designed to convince pilots that [FONT=&quot]"[/FONT]the other[FONT=&quot]"[/FONT] is out to do them harm, but in Sylvester[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT]s case I think he truly has trouble with the fact that at least half (growing daily) of the pilot group holds him and Farquaad in such contempt that they chose to organize.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT]s easier for him to see our union as an outside group then to face the fact that the union[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT]s leadership is made up entirely of line pilots we elected to represent us, and that the decisions the union is making are made by line pilots who work for him.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]So with this in mind, since the union is us, I thought it would be fun to take Sylvester[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT]s latest letter and replace all mentions of [FONT=&quot]"[/FONT]The Teamsters, or The Union[FONT=&quot]"[/FONT] with the word [FONT=&quot]"[/FONT]you, or your[FONT=&quot]"[/FONT]. After all that[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT]s who he[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT]s talking about, isn[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT]t it?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Enjoy:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]June 10, 2016[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dear Pilots,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As all of you are aware, on May 25th, a temporary order to rescind the VSP, accept the seniority list and bargain in good faith was issued as a result of the Federal Lawsuit you filed against the Company. The temporary order based on your claim was deeply troubling and flies in the face of our fundamental principal to treat employees as family.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
We are also being told that your future strategy includes negotiating a contract that will not require a vote by its members; and, therefore forcing you to accept whatever terms you deem logical.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]These actions only continue to reaffirm our concerns about your ability and willingness to act in your own best interest. But more so, seek to undermine our leadership team[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT]s genuine and sincere goal to make an enjoyable and mutually beneficial work environment for you. As much as we want to move forward, we continue to experience obstructionist and, quite frankly, ridiculous positions and reasoning that we fail to understand.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have always believed that employees are the foundation of our Company, and despite your attempts to bully us into accepting terms that undermine the pilots[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT] interests, we know we must continue the fight. As a result, I wanted to make you aware that yesterday the company appealed this decision to the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. We continue to believe that our interpretation of the law is correct, and that protecting the interests of all of our pilots is vital to how the Company is run. We believe that using programs designed to protect and enhance the lives of our employees as bargaining chips in order to rush an agreement through negotiations is not respectful to those impacted by the inevitable fallout. Despite this opposition, we will continue to fight for each and every one of you in the future.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Company continues to meet and negotiate with you despite your misrepresentation that we are not bargaining. While our Fence Agreement arbitration is scheduled for the end of this month, we have offered earlier dates hoping to resolve this issue prior to arbitration. But, rest assured, no agreement we make will compromise what is important to the company[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT]s growth initiatives.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As always, should you have any questions feel free to reach out to myself or any member of the management team.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mike Sylvester[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chief Executive Officer[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Oh, and don[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT]t forget the, [FONT=&quot]"[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]obstructionist and, quite frankly, ridiculous positions[FONT=&quot]"[/FONT] he refers to in his letter were agreed to and sealed with a hand shake by his VP level managers. https://youtu.be/PkhPuH8G5Hg[/FONT]

Last edited:
Does anyone even believe he is writing this horse**** himself? It's an embarrassment.

Wonder how much of a pay raise we would get if we just got the money spent on the PR firm and lawyers. Anyone willing to spend that much money just so they don't have to pay their employees a industry standard wage ( AKA their family) speaks volumes. Lowest paid pilots in the Industry and KR is proud of it

Does anyone even believe he is writing this horse**** himself? It's an embarrassment.

Someone a little more information than me told me his last letter (I'm guessing the one about the court ruling?) came out when he was on vacation. I get that ceo's never really take a vacation but that letter, just like this one, seemed to have a complete lack of actual cohesion with the reality of the facts, past present or future.

The general consensus from anyone I've ever talked to with any credibility is Sylvester is just Kenn Ricci's lap dog. The letters, decisions etc... all come from Kenn himself. That is why decisions can never be made that day. They have to get approved by Kenn and it all depends on his mood that day, as with most megalomaniac dictatorships.

In reality, Kenn's big "ethical" and "humble" play to remove himself from negotiations was his biggest obstructionist move made yet. When the Options group negotiated their CBA, I heard Ricci himself was present for some. It would be very telling to know which parts he deemed important enough to maintain control over. How much you want to bet they were compensation related?

Everyone has a poker tell. I think I'm beginning to understand what Kenn's might be.

Great idea with the letter. I think it's important we start reading all future communications in a similar manner.

Vinny;2538443[FONT=&quot said:
[FONT=&quot]][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]These actions only continue to reaffirm our concerns about your ability and willingness to act in your own best interest.[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]https://youtu.be/PkhPuH8G5Hg[/FONT]

Does anyone find this a bit insulting? 'Father knows best', huh?

Back years ago pre-union KR said he would never own a company that had a union on property. His other famous saying was that " Hes the best union steward we could have"
He's got another union coming soon probably so things will get interesting he's probably on the verge of blowing a gasket.

Flexjet Maintainence is done in October. Gone.

Latest resources

Back