SWA's Slow Slide

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cpt. Smyth,

Vs. the millions our union is already wasting, If Kelly wants pay cuts he will get them whether we are in negotiations or not( ask all the other die hard alpa members on this board). There are a lot of quality of life issues that could be improved like reserve for one.

OK, ya you can clean up the language and add all the side letters. Big Deal, your not going to get anything out of them this time around. Reserve Sucks today and it will Suck tomorrow. Its the right of passage and the New guys get to fill that roll. Been there done that more than once! We are still growing so reserve shouldnt be an issue for anyone long term. Did ya hear how the Company wants to redo the sick leave policy? Just a rumor out there but that scares me more than anything else. They need a Section 6 to do this, quote from a management Pilot. Quality of life issues all "COST MONEY". In the current state of the industry and the amount our Company is shaving costs anywhere they can I doubt you will see anything in a Section 6 thats costs them money. If you do they will be taking it from somewhere else, just reshuffling funds. Our union has some turmoil going on and I am not a big fan of waisting money. We now own a multi million dollar Union building. Whats next? They are blowing money at an accelerated rate and now we are running the union like the Congress runs this country. Not the way I like to do business. Now dont get me wrong. I believe the guys in the Union try to do a great job and I have done that job in a previous life. Its thankless for sure. But with whats going on I hope they dont come back to the membership anytime soon and ask for a union dues raise!

I respectfully suggest this argument be conducted in another forum.

lowecur said:
Is that an adjustable system, or has it been predetemined when the contract is signed? I think it would be a grand idea if a 4 year contract could be adjusted on an annual basis by the previous years performance, or could be adjusted mid-year if an emergency arose.
It has a component that is locked in, anything above that is determined by a formula based on the company's profits.
There is no provision for an "emergency", but te company could always ask - and if the need was real they'd proabaly get.
This could only work where the employees trust mgt implicitly.
This is what we've been trying to tell you .... !
Buy some LUV only 14.23 today!

Latest resources

Back