Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA TA2 heads to the membership for a vote.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would have liked to see 3% across the board for the raises, but that just is not going to happen. What is more important at this stage of the game is our Section 1 protections. Our last contract was negotiated in 1994! There was so much to clean up, that we were not able to focus our efforts on one particular area that we wanted more of (ie pay). I will wait till I see the details, but my guess is that this dude is going to pass by 65-70%.

Although this will cost the company less than TA1, it fixes the things that were supposedly the reason for not voting in TA1. The pay is a little different but according to everyone prior to TA1, it's not about the money, right? Now that the QOL issues were fixed, it's suddenly about the money. Personnally, I think this TA, from what I have seen is the best of both worlds. It provides the company with an added savings and fixes the issues that were most important to us. Plus it increases our retirement match sooner than TA1 (long term financial benefits are worth more to me than short term gains).

Sheared,

Why should they say thanks to you? You voted to do away with them. They can feel free to thank me, though.

For those outsiders who think we may be crazy to vote yes on an TA with less money in pay-rates than the 1st TA, you have no idea how good the section 1 improvements are. How many unions have the following scope/codeshare provisions?

-no far international codeshare
-near international codeshare not to exceed 4% ASM unless we are also flying near international, then it's a 1 to 1 ratio
-NO RJ codeshare
-ALL SWA flying must be done by SWAPA (no SWA connect or express allowed)

...after all this, we still get a couple of 2% raises, plus our retro, plus a bump-up of senior FO pay rates, plus a 2% increase on our 401K matching (9.3%) as of Jan '10. Like I said before, I still may vote yes or no. I think either vote is justified. I'll wait for the final language to make my choice. Sound like I can live with the outcome if we vote yes as a group.

shootr

Oh, and another thing for outsiders that are interested in our contract...

Are you hoping we'll hold the bar for the rest of you in your next negotiations? If we get 2% raises on industry leading narrow body pay rates, consider it done. Now it's your turn!

shootr

I dont know what to think....I voted no last time because of Codeshare, Elitt and the lance program. Im thankful that we grandfathered the lances..It was the right thing to do. Elitt changes seem nice. But codeshare still bugs me. We do over 1 billion seat miles a month! (forgot the exact number) Doesnt anyone realize that 4% of that number will be a lot of codeshare!!!!! I have to READ THE TA before i vote on it but im leaning to no for codeshare. We will see after I read it.

And fwiw...why are we not doing far international codeshare???? We arent getting 777's anyday soon so why are we limiting our passenger flow by not codesharing with someone like Cathay, Air China, Virgin, or anyone like that??? Jetblue is codesharing with lufthansa and they are greatly improving the number of pax available to them...I just dont understand it....

Latest resources

Back