Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA TA2 heads to the membership for a vote.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can give you about $40 million reasons, plus one or two more, that the TA1 NO voters got it WRONG.

Both the lance issue and the open time issue would have been fixed after TA1 as good as they are with TA2

Got to vote yes this time as we sure as heck can't afford TA3

Both the lance issue and the open time issue would have been fixed after TA1 as good as they are with TA2

Now that is a good one! Yeah, the company would have done those things because they were the right things to do! Just like rigs and flying for free on overlap... Dude, you don't know your own company.

Oh, and don't forget the scope/codeshare changes TA1 to TA2.

shootr

Now that is a good one! Yeah, the company would have done those things because they were the right things to do! Just like rigs and flying for free on overlap... Dude, you don't know your own company.

Oh, and don't forget the scope/codeshare changes TA1 to TA2.

shootr

Yes I do. I've been here at least four times longer than you. A Chief pilot told me to my face that Chuck admitted that the lance thing in TA1 didn't work out as planned because it was put together before the shoulder cuts. The CP's encouraged him to do the right thing and his answer was that he would but only after enactment to not appear to pandering for votes or opening up a can of worms for all kinds of other changes as well.

As far as the open time system goes, nobody has more incentive to create a user friendly open time system than the company because the easier it is to use and the more popular it is with the pilots, the more flying they get done at straight time. We have always had test periods when we've made changes like that. The reason a test period wasn't specified in the TA1 was because it was taken by both sides as a given, and the software wasn't even beyond the conceptual change yet. That is why it was so easy to get a test period this time. The company WANTS a test period for their own protection.

As far as your big scope enhancements go, most of that was eliminated with the F9 deal falling apart. The drop from 6% to 4% puts the near international limit right at about where the experts think the whole market potential is. Definitely not worth 40 million bucks.

This is not the SWA management team you had when you got here four times longer than I've been here. If you don't think we need written protection in our contract, that is just your opinion. I promise you that you are in the minority on that issue and don't think it will change before you leave. Perhaps I have four times as much time left here than you and specific protection is more important to me and many others than you can comprehend.

"A chief told you to your face?" The chiefs here have never put out any incorrect information, have they? :rolleyes:

shootr

Yes I do. I've been here at least four times longer than you. A Chief pilot told me to my face that Chuck admitted that the lance thing in TA1 didn't work out as planned because it was put together before the shoulder cuts. The CP's encouraged him to do the right thing and his answer was that he would but only after enactment to not appear to pandering for votes or opening up a can of worms for all kinds of other changes as well.

As far as the open time system goes, nobody has more incentive to create a user friendly open time system than the company because the easier it is to use and the more popular it is with the pilots, the more flying they get done at straight time. We have always had test periods when we've made changes like that. The reason a test period wasn't specified in the TA1 was because it was taken by both sides as a given, and the software wasn't even beyond the conceptual change yet. That is why it was so easy to get a test period this time. The company WANTS a test period for their own protection.

As far as your big scope enhancements go, most of that was eliminated with the F9 deal falling apart. The drop from 6% to 4% puts the near international limit right at about where the experts think the whole market potential is. Definitely not worth 40 million bucks.

If we had voted in TA1, we would be well on our way right now to binding arbitration with the F9 guys....and the corresponding train-wreck that would ensue. We would have blood on our hands from the forced-downgrade of many of our most junior captain brothers & sisters, despite no furloughs off the bottom of the list. We would have made a marked shift from the current balance of seniority-based and first-come/first-served awards for open time and reserve flying, to more seniority-based awards. We would have more potential code-sharing that would quite possibly slow organic growth and upgrades.

But if you're as senior around here as it sounds, I guess none of the above really affects you. Sorry your raises & retro have been delayed. Next time you vote, please don't forget that you were junior once, too (even if it was only for 3-4 years). The guy now sitting to your right isn't getting nearly as good of a deal as you got.

If we had voted in TA1, we would be well on our way right now to binding arbitration with the F9 guys....and the corresponding train-wreck that would ensue.

Well, everyone on the M&A Committee, plus all of the BOD and Execs who have actually had the briefings by the experts say you are wrong.

Furthermore, the same M&A language from TA1 is in TA2, so what did you gain for your 40 million?

You are talking out of your azz...Like chuck has the authority to open a section of a newly voted in contract.

Likke Gary and the SWA BOD would have allowed a section of the contract to be opened.

It ain't Herb's airline anymore....when are the koolies gonna understand that.

Last edited:
The ONLY reason I am patiently waiting is to fully read section 1.

There have been no "fixes" with TA2, only bandaids. Are they enough? I'm not as rabid this time around so I'd guess maybe they are.

Gup

You are talking out of your azz...Like chuck has the authority to open a section of a newly voted in contract.

Likke Gary and the SWA BOD would have allowed a section of the contract to be opened.

It ain't Herb's airline anymore....when are the koolies gonna understand that.

Neither grandfathering lances nor a test period would have needed contractual changes to TA1 if it had passed. They could have just been policy changes that swapa would have welcomed. Nevertheless, it is common to have side letters right after an agreement is signed. In fact it is in our best interest to immediately pursue side letters to flesh things out.

Latest resources

Back