Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA TA2 heads to the membership for a vote.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It just seems that four out of five active posters are lances, I'm predispositioned to think, "There goes another lance complaining."

sorry to lump you in.

Didn't the cost of living go up by 5.8 percent in 2008 alone? Just saying we all need to realize that inflation is a big issue, this was the largest increase since 1981.

Not much was said about the money in TA1, but now that is all that is important. I know some guys think we can get it all, but this sounds like an acceptable agreement.

The people that want more money at our company (SWA) need to chill, pick up the latest June edition of PROFESSIONAL PILOT. In the back of the mag is a section of domestic/international pay rates for commercial and biz aircraft. It gives you a better out look, So open your eyes and see how good we have it already on pay and some. Don't be greedy. Look at UA back in 99-2000. We are not going to sink this ship. Yes I voted no on the last contract, but it was all take for the company in section 1 and the % for codeshare. This one is a give or take. It's only fair. For the people that have not done the all night bumping in weather freight hualing, long military missions, regional turd flying or straight 135/91k bag loading carpet cleaning lav dumping 6 legs a day doing every thing job,You should go try it then you will be telling your self SH!T I had it real good at Ol SWA.

Oh, and another thing for outsiders that are interested in our contract...

Are you hoping we'll hold the bar for the rest of you in your next negotiations? If we get 2% raises on industry leading narrow body pay rates, consider it done. Now it's your turn!

shootr

I'm simply glad you guys voted NO the first time around. I know one pilot group that probably doesn't even have the stones to do that.

Well every lance I fly with now on better buy my beer on the overnights.....after all I probably pick up their trip

I do. I am always calm and rational but I tell it like it is and let people I fly with and work with know why I think what I think. This is how I should be.

Well every lance I fly with now on better buy my beer on the overnights.....after all I probably pick up their trip

You sure should, since you already bought his beer. $40 million to grandfather the lances works out to $6,900 per SWAPA pilot. That's a chunk of change, and as mentioned, not one "thanks" yet, have you noticed?

Lots of, "I can't believe we're limited to (whatever) number of duty periods", or "I can't believe I can't use ELITT to trade my line down below 65, there's nothing illegal about parking trips."

What's your opinion on whether grandfathering those guys were worth seven grand?

Latest resources

Back