SWAPA Reps speak out against TA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HowardBorden

The BoD has placed this mess in the memberships hands to stand up and give a collective HELL NO! Whether you agree that was the best course of action is irrelevant at this point. It is our time to take a stand and collectively make our voices heard loud and clear. Lets do what we need to do to get back to the negotiating table with some leverage. Management believes we side with them on this, I am not buying that view. Vote no on this TA and spread the word to those that think this is good enough. It is not, not even close.

From the MDW reps:
Your NC came to a point in the negotiation where they felt that they had achieved the maximum amount of gain with the leverage they currently have. My vote to send this TA to you is not an endorsement of it. All of our consultants and subject matter experts agree that we will have gained far more leverage for the possibility of further contractual gains in the case of a full membership "no" vote. It is time for management to hear your voice.

From the MCO reps:
If we vote "no," we are guaranteed but one thing, our current Collective Bargaining Agreement (contract) remains as is. Is that so bad? Frankly, given the relief in scope, elimination of the lance program, subsets that may reduce our flexibility, I prefer we keep our current contract. I believe our leverage on scope alone is getting stronger by the day. So what is scope relief worth?

From the BWI reps:
This vote was, in fact, only a vote to allow you to see the AIP and strategically place us in the best position for future movement at the table. Your BWI reps are NOT in favor of this AIP for a variety of reasons. Our goals, as clearly dictated by you, were reserve, retirement, and compensation. Your board was placed in a difficult position and needed to act to place our membership in the best strategic position possible under the circumstances. It will be through a resounding rejection of this TA by you, that we will gain the leverage needed to move the Company beyond what is a substandard contract in several areas. Understand we are recommending you VOTE NO and show Gary Kelly exactly how you feel about his offer. He thinks your BOD is out of touch and he thinks you will actually pass this substandard contract. It is time for you all to show him he is wrong.

From the OAK reps:
A majority "no" vote will give us that leverage. The larger the "no" vote, the more leverage we will have. So we bought and paid for Section 1, and we are going to sell it back for a 4 percent raise since 2011 and a .7 percent increase in 401(k) match?

And the PHX Reps say "Vote yes, Gary gave us a raise."
That is their prerogative, however I respectfully disagree. There are many reps which are diametrically opposed to that viewpoint. As a member, it is up to the individual to decide what best represents your wants and needs. One man one vote, use it wisely!

That is their prerogative, however I respectfully disagree. There are many reps which are diametrically opposed to that viewpoint. As a member, it is up to the individual to decide what best represents your wants and needs. One man one vote, use it wisely!

Well said, except this TA is a turd by nearly any measure, other than just a small increase in the pay per trip tables, and those meager gains will be eaten up elsewhere.

Honestly, I would find it hard to understand the thought process of anyone who would willingly vote for this.

So the OAK Reps think Scope is for sale? I guess they just haven't gotten to a price they're willing to sell it back for. I fear that this attitude not only permeates the BOD, but the majority of our pilots as well. Scope can NEVER EVER be for sale no matter how much the Company "sweetens the pot". Codeshare, Airline Partnerships, or Interlining = A NO VOTE!

Scope can NEVER EVER be for sale no matter how much the Company "sweetens the pot". Codeshare, Airline Partnerships, or Interlining = A NO VOTE!
I think most likely you are preaching to the choir regarding those that frequent this board or any other for that matter, please preach those words to anyone that will listen while on the line.

The only problem is Swapa has zero leverage, and the company knows it. This pilot group doesn't have the resolve to do what it takes to get a contract. And now, in mediation (a huge mistake) our hands are tied. If this proposal is turned down you won't see a contract for a Long time. SWA mgmt can look a the mediator and say "we're trying, but the pilots are being stubborn." Meanwhile pilots continue to pick up every scrap of open time there is. If nothing else you guys are an entertaining bunch of morons.

The only problem is Swapa has zero leverage, and the company knows it. This pilot group doesn't have the resolve to do what it takes to get a contract. And now, in mediation (a huge mistake) our hands are tied. If this proposal is turned down you won't see a contract for a Long time. SWA mgmt can look a the mediator and say "we're trying, but the pilots are being stubborn." Meanwhile pilots continue to pick up every scrap of open time there is. If nothing else you guys are an entertaining bunch of morons.
Untrue. The leverage comes from the majority of the pilot group being content with status quo as opposed to mutilating section 1. The company is obviously salivating at another acquisition and wants some relief in those areas before they write the check. Saying no is much easier when you know how much saying yes will cost your career.

I believe we do have a little leverage in regards to scope and codeshare. I noticed very early on, SWAPA (aka Gary and the gang) kept planting the seed that, "codeshares are fun, hip and exciting!". I think codeshares (aka outsourcing) is already a done deal, our current pesky contract is one obstacle that needs to be changed.

Latest resources

Back