SWAPA "recommends REJECTION"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
why is this so complicated?

Dear Airlinewannabe and many others out there.

Why is the concept of excepting a nominal pay raise and a few other improvements to the current contract so hard for people to swallow? In the current climate I would think this would be approved in a heart beat.
Reason: If the market improves dramatically in the next 2 years...great...then you renegotiate a new contract in 04. Which is NO different then what you are doing now (i.e. 2 years earlier than the contract expires) If not, then at least there was a better pay raise then 4% scheduled now for the next 2 years.
People act like they might get a better deal in 04 if they do nothing now. I make the suggestion you do both. One of the main reason I want to fly with SWA is the relationship the union has with management. There is no reason to think that this excellent relationship will not continue into the future. I also realize that this contract is not perfect...but then again it is supposed to be better then the current one!!
This is just my .02$ worth...and like another pilot said in this forum...that is about all its worth.

Latest resources

Back