• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

swapa oopsie

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is the AFL-CIO upset with SWAPA over some POS Union promotional items, yet I don't hear them saying one thing about their AFL-CIO affiliated pilots flying Airbuses made in Europe?

BTO wrote American Woman, they are a few guys from Winnpeg Manitoba, they did buy a few hits from an American dealer though.

Actually, it was The Guess Who that wrote and performed "American Woman".

I am personally irate with SWAPA. If they keep this up, there is no way my kids will ever be able to work in a crappy-little-thing-that-goes-on-a-travel-bag factory. It's a shame. So much for the American dream. My kids could have made tens of dollars there over their adult lives.

I am personally irate with SWAPA. If they keep this up, there is no way my kids will ever be able to work in a crappy-little-thing-that-goes-on-a-travel-bag factory. It's a shame. So much for the American dream. My kids could have made tens of dollars there over their adult lives.
You just dont get it. While I am sure your kids will all be CEO's and or independently wealthy, not all kids, contrary to what we are told are special. The average joe needs a job too. This average Joe needs a job in order to purchase a car, house, and new stereo equipment. This job also collects taxes that eventually pays to pave the roads that your independently wealthy CEO kids drive on. No tax base and the US is just another banana republic. Then even your brilliant CEO kids will be out of work because the company they run has no product that anyone here can buy.
So yea this was just some trinket for your bag, but you can bet the company that made it also makes alot of other trinkets that all no longer employ a US taxpaying citizen.

You just dont get it. While I am sure your kids will all be CEO's and or independently wealthy, not all kids, contrary to what we are told are special. The average joe needs a job too. This average Joe needs a job in order to purchase a car, house, and new stereo equipment. This job also collects taxes that eventually pays to pave the roads that your independently wealthy CEO kids drive on. No tax base and the US is just another banana republic. Then even your brilliant CEO kids will be out of work because the company they run has no product that anyone here can buy.
So yea this was just some trinket for your bag, but you can bet the company that made it also makes alot of other trinkets that all no longer employ a US taxpaying citizen.

I'm quite sorry. I had no idea how much the crappy-little-thing-that-goes-on-a-travel-bag industry meant to the GDP of the US. Economies evolve. Your ancestors probably would be appalled that we don't do textiles anymore. In our lifetimes we won't manufacture cars in the US.

I'm sure there will always be some minimum wage job out there for you so you can chase your version of the American Dream. I guess I'm just a snob and want better for my kids than sweat shop work. I guess I'm a snob when I say that I would want better for any American.

Your view on this is kind of a "flat earth" view.

I'm quite sorry. I had no idea how much the crappy-little-thing-that-goes-on-a-travel-bag industry meant to the GDP of the US. Economies evolve. Your ancestors probably would be appalled that we don't do textiles anymore. In our lifetimes we won't manufacture cars in the US.

I'm sure there will always be some minimum wage job out there for you so you can chase your version of the American Dream. I guess I'm just a snob and want better for my kids than sweat shop work. I guess I'm a snob when I say that I would want better for any American.

Your view on this is kind of a "flat earth" view.
Congratulations, you are elite in your own mind. Only a brilliant elite mind like yours can think its OK to bring in lead laced toxic crap and give it to our kids. All the while the trade deficit and the National Debt soar. Guess who owns the loans oh brilliant one? China among others, who at this very minute is working on the largest military build up of all time. Let me guess "debt" is no big deal right, we will just print more money right?
Who do you think buys the tickets on your airplane? It takes everybody, that what made this country what it was.
It is the shortsighted myopic what's in it for me crowd that would not know the big picture if it kicked you in the but that's got this Country in the mess it's in now.
So keep telling yourself how you are too good to have to worry about the peasants, before you know you will be one of them.

Congratulations, you are elite in your own mind. Only a brilliant elite mind like yours can think its OK to bring in lead laced toxic crap and give it to our kids. All the while the trade deficit and the National Debt soar. Guess who owns the loans oh brilliant one? China among others, who at this very minute is working on the largest military build up of all time. Let me guess "debt" is no big deal right, we will just print more money right?
Who do you think buys the tickets on your airplane? It takes everybody, that what made this country what it was.
It is the shortsighted myopic what's in it for me crowd that would not know the big picture if it kicked you in the but that's got this Country in the mess it's in now.
So keep telling yourself how you are too good to have to worry about the peasants, before you know you will be one of them.

If it's such a mess, please feel free to move to China and get your whole family employed in the crappy-litte-lead-paint-covered-toy factory. You can have your beloved crappy-non-technical manufacturing job back. Live the Chinese Dream. Can you imagine if American labor made all of this sh!t we buy at Wally World? That $.25 thingy SWAPA handed out would be $4.

By the way, global trade has little to do with our National Debt. The main thing raising the trade deficit is the price of oil. Currently our weak dollar makes our goods cheaper overseas.

Good luck to you in China. Remember not to post any anti-China stuff on any message boards. They'll fire you from your $2/day job.

Latest resources

Back