• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA might like SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard today that 200 more new hires this fall to staff increase in aircraft at beginning of year. We will see. That has nothing to do with AT folks....these are straight new hires!
Good news and makes sense, our delivery schedule had those planes coming on line 4th Q 2011 so they'll need people to staff, assuming Southwest kept that delivery schedule.

I gotta tell you, I think the server that hosts the ATNMEC forum is gonna melt. The amount of concurrent threads and NON-info is approaching epic proportions. Lear is right on the money with what we know so far (which isn't much, just bullets). Everyone needs to take a deep breath, one way or another, we appear to be headed for the end game with this thing and we just have to wait until we have some actual language to look at.

I for one have not spoke publicly about my expectations and have only argued for civility. As an 11 year AirTran 737 Captain/Check Airman, my only expectation in this whole thing was that it wouldn't disrupt my life too much (my ultimate seat was never an issue for me, FWIW). With the AIP, I'll admit that the relative seniority loss is a lot to digest, however I will not get spun out of control over hearsay and what-ifs. I believe all of us need to wait for the actual document (provided it's sent to us to vote on) read it through at least twice, and then decide accordingly.

What convention was supposedly used for the SLI? It does not appear to be straight up DOH minus 4 years...is it a (5:1?) ratio starting at DOH then?

If not, why does it not stick to a particular convention?
It's not. There are different ratios for different seniority blocks.

It's complicated as crap and was done primarily in order to smooth out any bottlenecks of relative seniority progression and upgrade progression for your pilots (at least that's what I was told).

I agree that we all need to see what is in the full document before we make any kind of decision much less get spun into the ceiling. The only X factor here for the AAI pilots is not knowing the SWAPA contract and how that will affect their QOL. If this gets to the membership for a vote I intend to start a Q and A thread.

I gotta tell you, I think the server that hosts the ATNMEC forum is gonna melt. The amount of concurrent threads and NON-info is approaching epic proportions. Lear is right on the money with what we know so far (which isn't much, just bullets). Everyone needs to take a deep breath, one way or another, we appear to be headed for the end game with this thing and we just have to wait until we have some actual language to look at.

I for one have not spoke publicly about my expectations and have only argued for civility. As an 11 year AirTran 737 Captain/Check Airman, my only expectation in this whole thing was that it wouldn't disrupt my life too much (my ultimate seat was never an issue for me, FWIW). With the AIP, I'll admit that the relative seniority loss is a lot to digest, however I will not get spun out of control over hearsay and what-ifs. I believe all of us need to wait for the actual document (provided it's sent to us to vote on) read it through at least twice, and then decide accordingly.

The Swapa site is oddly quiet. Only 1 or 2 threads with zero specifics. I think that's another reason why some on this board are stating where the leaks are coming from.

On another note I wanted to thank you and Lear for your professionalism and continued commitment to the process.

E

I have a pretty good idea what the junior bases are for FOs (OAK, LAS, etc), but what are the junior bases for Captains? I know it varies seasonally, but generally what are the junior bases for Captains?

OAK and BWI actually. A few months ago, some OAK guys got displaced to BWI. I think most of them are back now. I would say LAS would be next junior in line.

What is the junior fo bases and how many numbers till you can get on the east coast? Also, how does DAL and or HOU shake out?

Thanks

I'll have to get back to you on hard numbers, but generally we had Jan. 2011 newhires get both MDW and BWI (east coast commuters). Houston is a possiblity for early 2008 hires.

Dallas has always been hard to get into unless you have a ton of seniority..in either seat.

MCO is very transitional with the winter/summer schedule. 2008 hire FO's have the most bottom spots.

Try to find you real numbers later, unless someone else jumps in.

Latest resources

Back