• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA might like SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so a gain in seniority, upgrades at the expense of AT FO's is not good enough? Oh wait but the AT FO's get a big raise, so not getting weekends or holidays off anymore is a trade off. You might be able to put a value on these things with your family, but I don't.

:puke:

6% seniority boost vice 40-50% pay raise and our work rules...I shout BS on this rumor from LEAR as well. This would easily push a 60% no vote from SWA and is no where near what our Union has said would pass the LITMUS test. We will wait and see.
Hey, no worries. Everyone has their personal "happy point", and it's not my place to tell anyone else theirs. You may be right about the SWA vote, maybe not, not my place to say, but I don't make the news, I just report it. It's MEC and MC members putting it on our internal board (before they removed it) and I don't think they'd put out deliberately incorrect info, but YMMV.

Lear I heard it would be a 6-8 year upgrade with no growth mode, using the same numbers.
It will be different for every segment of the list. If you're in that top sliver of our F/O's who get integrated with the SWA junior F/O's, maybe 6-8 years from now? (I don't know, I didn't ask) At my seniority, stapled to the bottom and still 200 deep in line from AAI pilots, 10-12 years is what I was told.

Last edited:
MVdV just emailed all of us to stop with the rumors- there will be plenty of time to debate when the ENTIRE package is presented. It's so predictable that PCL would TRY and torpedo this deal it's not funny. But here's the thing: we, on all sides, are responsible for whether or not we partake and get influenced by him. Waiting sucks, but patience is a virtue.

Did you guys say there was a no bump and flush policy for the AT captains? Is that for the base, or position and equipment? So, they can remain captains even if their plane is moved out of ATL? Is that true? If so, that would be pretty good.

OYS

MVdV just emailed all of us to stop with the rumors- there will be plenty of time to debate when the ENTIRE package is presented. It's so predictable that PCL would TRY and torpedo this deal it's not funny.
And yet you continue with the rumors and conspiracies. If it gets voted down by either group, you'll get on here and claim that Karl Rove (aka, PCL) was able to make it happen. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
MVdV just emailed all of us to stop with the rumors- there will be plenty of time to debate when the ENTIRE package is presented. It's so predictable that PCL would TRY and torpedo this deal it's not funny. But here's the thing: we, on all sides, are responsible for whether or not we partake and get influenced by him. Waiting sucks, but patience is a virtue.
They haven't emailed us yet, but our internal message board is so deep in topics on all this (about 9 concurrently running threads), our pilots probably wouldn't listen even if the MEC put out an email to try and squash it.

That said, I'll shut up about it. Sorry, was just trying to dispel a few rumors.

p.s. for those trying to PM me, I cleaned out my inbox, thx.

Edit: The letter from MV and KG to "shut it" just hit our FLiCA e-docs about 10 minutes ago.

Last edited:
Did you guys say there was a no bump and flush policy for the AT captains? Is that for the base, or position and equipment? So, they can remain captains even if their plane is moved out of ATL? Is that true? If so, that would be pretty good.

OYS

I get it. If I was at Delta i would be concerned also . SWA coming into ATL is going to be like when SWA started Florida .

That did not go to well for dal

6% seniority boost vice 40-50% pay raise and our work rules...I shout BS on this rumor from LEAR as well. This would easily push a 60% no vote from SWA and is no where near what our Union has said would pass the LITMUS test. We will wait and see.

Just to put things in perspective: Stapling ALL AAI FO's would result in a maximum seniority gain for SWA's bottom FO of 24% ,and 0% gain for the #1 guy, making the average gain 12%.

Stapling the entire AAI pilot group consequently would result in an average gain of 6%. This is not even taking into account any fences. Let's keep the expectations realistic. AAI just doesn't have enough pilots to really make a serious dent in SWA's seniority numbers.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back