• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Mediation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Switch to the regular plan and pay zero monthly, unless your sick, then pay 20% out of pocket to a max of $2500.

No brainer.

I may give that some serious consideration next enrollment period, assuming we still have the same options.

I may give that some serious consideration next enrollment period, assuming we still have the same options.

It's in the contract, so it should still be there. Just look at all your options and evaluate what you and your family spend for this year.

Oh good lord.
Another inept pilot who thinks that bc he can fly a jet, that he can now run the company better than our CEO.
our contract negotiations have almost nothing to do with anything that you've cited.
Look at the stock price. And the 5 initiatives that prepared us for the rise.
I can make my case as a pilot in a dozen ways before I ever start calling for Gary's head.
In fact, his business decisions, implemented by ignoring the screeching from many of our senior leaders in their departments is what has positioned us so well contractually.
Implement your moronic suggestions and we'd be negotiating with an unprofitable company.
We will make a $billion this year and you think GK should be released?
Wow-
That's some purposeful ignorance there.
Believe me, there are a few VPs that you DO NOT want to take over.
You need to appreciate that GK is VERY GOOD at what he does and though a number cruncher personality and IS frustrating in his leadership style - I can't think of anyone is rather have running the place.

Just calm down and go through the process. And know that every day that passes our negotiating position strengthens.

And you Maru- suck it scab wannabe.

Have been down this road before. We are talking years before we receive a contract. Personally I think all the unions that have open contracts should get together and call for Gary Kelly to resign. Here are some reasons for my thinking.
1. Took 5 years to complete the full integration of AirTran. Way to long
2. The product needs help.
A. Get rid of cattle call boarding.
B. Assigned seating
C. Overhead bins in every 737 besides 800 suck.
3. Making way to big a deal about international flying. To slow to react on this front. Spirit
will be doing this flying for almost 2 years by the time our international terminals are
done.
4. Total fleet count will be down 25 airframes after 717's are parked at the beginning of
2015. It will take all year to get the count back to year end 2014 levels. Should have
found more 73's. When ATL to PIT only has 2 flight you know your getting thin.

No doubt SWA will remain profitable for years to come. But if we want to take the next step then they have to shed the way decisions are made at the top levels.

Last edited:
Just calm down and go through the process. And know that every day that passes our negotiating position strengthens.

I'm curious as to how. What is SWAPA's plan, other than mediation?

Do you think the average line Captain won't continue to grab as many premium trips as legality allows?

I'm curious as to how. What is SWAPA's plan, other than mediation?

Do you think the average line Captain won't continue to grab as many premium trips as legality allows?

SWAPA makes the NPA look a well oiled machine. The majority of the SW pilots have their head in the sand and are content letting the same Union lifers make the decisions for them. I would expect negotiations to drag and the status quo to remain for quite some time.

After watching SWAPA operate, I realized there was no way they were mentally capable of crafting the SLI deal(s). They simply waited in the corner with a coloring book and then the company took away their crayons, handed them a pen and told them where to sign.

I will say, everybody is very nice though and it's a great place to work. I just find the union bluster chest thumping amusing. Kind of like Richard Simmons as a DI for the Marines.

Latest resources

Back