SWAPA Mediation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Br715 -

Gary Kelly's performance in the financial results and stock performance greatly trump your cited reasons for Gary Kelly to resign. In the minds of investors and the Board of Directors he is a rock star. The issues you cite are almost insignificant relative the big picture, the big picture being financial performance.

Br715 -

Gary Kelly's performance in the financial results and stock performance greatly trump your cited reasons for Gary Kelly to resign. In the minds of investors and the Board of Directors he is a rock star. The issues you cite are almost insignificant relative the big picture, the big picture being financial performance.

Very good point. The proof in the pudding however, will be 1st quarter results of 2015. No more Airtran, dragging down profits and hindering the operation.
Will it be record profits, or less than stellar results? We shall see

The only way you will affect change is by hitting Gary Kelly in his financials. Pilots need to do their job and nothing else. He ended the can do spirit not the men and women of SWA. The belief that others will be sympathetic to your position is stoic but misunderstood.

In the eyes of the flying public you make too much money.
In the eyes of the BOD you are but a widget.
In the eyes of the shareholder GK is making them money.

Collectively it is time to stand up and just do your job. Very simple....just your job with the emphasis on SAFETY.

GOOD DAY'

the offers made by management do not accurately reflect the current financial health of the company.

Much like the offers made by SWAPA.

Ironically, the one thing that both sides agree on is the fact that the bar is very, very low. The battle is about how far below inflation, and how much lower than other majors retirement they can both go.

That's cool - My concern is about affordability to the company. Nothing else matters.

I hope they're going to deal with this pitiful excuse for insurance we have. It sucks. I was shocked when I got here and found out how much it sucks. In fairness to the company, I don't know how much of the suck is due to Obamacare and how much was already here, but it definitely sucks. The level of suckiness is unprecedented.

Latest resources

Back