• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Mediation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This will be my third vote on a T.A. at SWA and my sixth T.A. vote at a 121 carrier so I would not classify myself as a "rookie."

I can assure you that every time I was asked to vote on an agreement, the rumors and speculation did not match what was actually in the agreement I was asked to vote on.

I agree about rumors. In this case, an irresponsible rep actually released the details of the proposal, though. That's not a rumor.

I agree about rumors. In this case, an irresponsible rep actually released the details of the proposal, though. That's not a rumor.

A rep did release a small portion of what was being offered by management, which I can agree was: A) Completely irresponsible. B) Totaly unacceptable to the membership.

I have yet to see a credible representation of what the union is asking for.

There is a wide gap between the unions needs and the company's offer as evidenced by the move to mediation.

Airline negotiations remind me of asking your parents to borrow the car. You are going to get it eventually, after you ask about a million times. During this negotiations process you make promises about taking out the trash and mowing the yard. Your parents have every intention of letting you use the car, they just want to get as much in return as they can, without you dying your hair purple and listening to the misfits in revenge. I predict SWA will keep the keys to the car until code share and scope is relaxed in the contract.

That's the one area they won't get

Latest resources

Back