• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Delines To Represent AirTran Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe this is a little bit more than just an internal issue--since some Air Tran guys are scratching their head. Speaking for me, personally, I voted against the proposal. I will be the first to welcome any new SWA pilot (whether Air Tran, new hire or internal). I don't care--welcome new brothers and sisters. However, I felt having "transitional" members with different privileges, voting rights, etc was not the way to guy. 100% SWA or not. Keep it simple--get all the Air Tran folks over and continue operating our union the way we have in the past.

PCL and Rez would disagree... 100% ALPA,or not. :lol: ALPA mergers are so much more peaceful and collegial, not.

It was a lousy deal, anyway. Having the to pay dues while having no rights under the constitution & bylaws (i.e. to file a grievance) nor vote on anything other than representatives .. insulting. Glad it went down.

Your welcome. Some actually thought it sucked for our Tranny bros.

Keep it real, you and SWAPA wern't thinking about us, which is all good, I understand. PCL is just happy we will be ALPA for a little while longer.

I think you don't understand what was voted on karma- head to prune and find out the details

Now they are on property. What was in the changes wasn't right. I still think they got more then they should but that is my opinion. They have there own.

PCL is just happy we will be ALPA for a little while longer.

We were going to be ALPA for a while longer no matter how that vote turned out. I'm glad it got turned down because the proposed changes were not good for us in the slightest. Putting us into a separate category of membership with reduced rights is wrong.

It put you in a separate category AND kept you at 2% dues while we kept paying 1%. I thought that was B.S. and it's one of many reasons I voted no on that issue.

In all fairness, it would be hard for SWAPA to administer our CBA for a significantly large portion of our pilots. The CAB is struggling with just our hotel section. There will be an orderly transition once the majority of FAT pilots are on the WN side of the fence, until then, ATN ALPA is best for all parties involved.

Latest resources

Back