• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Delines To Represent AirTran Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huh? I'm sure it's pretty rough over there.?????? I'm sure glad it's so easy for us on the AirTran side.

Come on, other than the crappy schedules and watching our fleet get repainted and sold at auction it's not that bad! Cheer up sour puss :)

Drag and ASA hit the nail on the head. AT guys and gals don't look to much into this.

Yup..... It was victim to another, very contentious, issue (Article 15) that had nothing to do with the AT folks, that was being voted on at the same time and people just voted no on all 3 things.

It was definitely not an anti AT people statement. More of an anti SWAPA statement.

Ditto for what has already been said. This had zero to do with AirTran Pilots and everything to do with several other internal constitutional issues. I'm fairly confident that if the AirTran transitional member vote had been the only thing on the ballot that it would have passed with flying colors on our side. There was absolutely no disrespect intended to anyone at AirTran with this vote. Unfortunately, it was a casualty of several other Ammendments to the SWAPA Constitution that were highly controversial on the SWA side of the partition.

Like someone said its "taxation without representation"

Thanks to the SW gents that voted no.

However, I felt having "transitional" members with different privileges, voting rights, etc was not the way to guy. 100% SWA or not. Keep it simple--get all the Air Tran folks over and continue operating our union the way we have in the past.

Thank you. Well said.

Latest resources

Back