• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA/ATN process agreement update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...So far it appears the "silent majority" haven't spoken.......... or don't exist.

Gup

We exist (I guess this doesn't make me 'silent' anymore). Just reading and listening. From my perspective, with all due respect to everyone here, the impression is that we (AirTran pilots) have nothing to offer moving forward and should just get in line at the back of the bus and accept our new positions. And above all, be grateful that we have jobs. Not just any job mind you, a Southwest job.

Again, this is just an impression from someone who has been relatively silent. Of course, there have been Southwest pilots here that have been respectful and constructive and to them I am certainly appreciative. Likewise, there have been AirTran pilots here (or those posing as ones) that give the impression that we are intolerant and narrow-minded. That too is not the norm, of course.

My parents taught me to have respect for others and not to judge, especially when you have nothing to base your opinions on but hearsay and conjecture. Of course, that goes both ways.

We exist (I guess this doesn't make me 'silent' anymore). Just reading and listening. From my perspective, with all due respect to everyone here, the impression is that we (AirTran pilots) have nothing to offer moving forward and should just get in line at the back of the bus and accept our new positions. And above all, be grateful that we have jobs. Not just any job mind you, a Southwest job.

Again, this is just an impression from someone who has been relatively silent. Of course, there have been Southwest pilots here that have been respectful and constructive and to them I am certainly appreciative. Likewise, there have been AirTran pilots here (or those posing as ones) that give the impression that we are intolerant and narrow-minded. That too is not the norm, of course.

My parents taught me to have respect for others and not to judge, especially when you have nothing to base your opinions on but hearsay and conjecture. Of course, that goes both ways.

You sound like a Southwest pilot. Are you guys becoming that desperate? LOL

Just look at how SWAPA treated the Frontier guys. It's good your lawyers are being careful.

Frontier wanted realitive seniority, DEN base forever, 3000 month for their furloughed pilots and health benefits. Just how did Swapa treat the frontier pilots. There seniority integration looks real good now that all republic captains are in front off all frontier captains. Swapa would have pay protected them all, and FO's would have gotten a substantial increase in pay, 60% . Better to be at the bottom of the list of a stable growing company. than be meshed into a regional carrier. Frontier guys lost a great deal of money, for what? I feel sorry for alot of their pilot group, who in my opinion got hosed by a few top pilots, who cant pull the seniority stick out of their a**. You really need to rethink your math on how SWAPA treated the frontier pilots. frontier negotiators didnt even return swapa's phone calls. They were sold down the river by their own pilot group.

Better to be at the bottom of the list of a stable growing company.

They wouldn't have been there long. SWA has already hired a couple of hundred and we are about to put another 1700 on the list.

Pay protections with Southwest or merge with Bedford? That was the basic choice, and they wanted to stay in Denver. The choice was made by a few at the top.

The phone calls to SWAPA were not returned because they had already made the deal with Republic.

How will post Libya attack oil increase affect at and swa profitability/loss and the leverage it gives either party during sli arbitration?

Latest resources

Back