• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA/ATN process agreement update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our union doesn't care, and neither do I. But you don't need to attack swapa over this, it was alpa's mistake, and a pretty small, insignificant one at that. There's nothing wrong with fixing a mistake. The only thing amusing here is your refusal to admit Alpa made a mistake at all, and instead attack swapa?

Again, WTH?

Hmm--Alpa would have only made a mistake had they not corrected the issue. There is always some administrative house cleaning when creating complex legal documents--especially when there is a chess game in progress. If it was no big deal, then why would you care?

There is alot of history that should raise caution for Airtran pilots, who are still represented by ALPA. It started with Muse Air, then Morris, and then Frontier. Has the leopard changed his spots?

Last edited:
+1

:D

I think I'll wait to find out WHAT, EXACTLY the language was that evidently was deemed offensive enough to throw a wrench in the works for before I decide whether to get irritated or not.

YMMV ;)

Lear,

I understand you've got to back your team, but the tone and tactics (thanks Kharma) are worth addressing. Notifying SWAPA through an ALPA Communication to their membership is deliberately provocative.

I truly hope this is a tempest in a teapot, but it is ludicrous that we are still negotiating over how to negotiate ...

Lear,

I truly hope this is a tempest in a teapot, but it is ludicrous that we are still negotiating over how to negotiate ...

It is not absurd, ridiculous, or laughable! Nor is it a public game. A well constructed bi-lateral transition agreement is a critical piece in maintaining a meaningful, constructive, and orderly process for SLI that follows a time line to reach an end goal. Who would build a house without a good set of detailed plans and a finish line? Is your career not just as important?

This process is the cornerstone for a successful SLI that is equitable for both parties. It requires attention to detail and due diligence. Without a good preliminary agreement, with both parties committed to common goals, the SLI would be a runaway passenger train where no one can get off. Do you want a reserved seat?

It is not absurd, ridiculous, or laughable! Nor is it a public game. A well constructed bi-lateral transition agreement is a critical piece in maintaining a meaningful, constructive, and orderly process for SLI that follows a time line to reach an end goal. Who would build a house without a good set of detailed plans and a finish line? Is your career not just as important?

This process is the cornerstone for a successful SLI that is equitable for both parties. It requires attention to detail and due diligence. Without a good preliminary agreement, with both parties committed to common goals, the SLI would be a runaway passenger train where no one can get off. Do you want a reserved seat?

Careful, people around here do not take to logical thinking .

Lear,

I understand you've got to back your team, but the tone and tactics (thanks Kharma) are worth addressing. Notifying SWAPA through an ALPA Communication to their membership is deliberately provocative.

If that was the case, then I agree that it was inappropriate to not give a heads up to SWAPA before disseminating the information.

Agreed.

I'm still waiting for a return call from one of our reps (they're a little busy lately), and they promised a more detailed update to everyone by the end of the day, so I'm reserving judgment 'til I hear just what the **** is going on, but if, indeed, that claim by Chase is true, and that we hadn't tried to get in touch with SWAPA leadership BEFORE we issued that statement to the pilot group, then someone needs a good, swift smack upside the head.

There's always two sides to every story, and hopefully the day will yield more information.

Just look at how SWAPA treated the Frontier guys. It's good your lawyers are being careful.

OYS

Exactly how did SWAPA "treat" the Frontier guys? Our guys couldn't even get their MEC to return phone calls in the 24 hours or so they had before RAH outbid us on the deal.

I can say with no uncertainty that they'd be "treat"ed a lot better at WN than where they are now, and I'll bet most of them agree with that.

Don't you mean Process Agreement?

I'm beginning to realize it's ALPA national that doesn't want the Airtran pilots to get SWA pay now, think about that for awhile.

Latest resources

Back