• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA and SR361

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm with all those that say No! It is simply about greed and not age discrimination. "I've got mine" attitudes. The same folks are probably picking up open time while folks are on furlough or in the SWA pool waiting for a class. If it were about age discrimination they would be trying to remove the age limit altogether. I surely hope this ammendment dies a quick and painful death.

I have already contacted my Senators and strongly encourage everyone else that wants this amendment to die. Call and let yourself be heard.

CALL 202-224-3121

It is absolutely amazing how those with multi-million major retirements call those regional pilots who need to work longer for a subsistence retirement greedy.....

I think the FO's should get to vote on which Captains get to stay past age 60. It would work kind of like the current avoidance bid. The unsafe guys that suck would be outa here and so would all the jerks we've got here at Brownhound. At least that would give the Captains some incentive to be nice and stay sharp!

And the saga continues...

Dr. McCoy: Jim, here comes that dead horse again.

Capt. Kirk: Yes Bones..let's say we hit it for old time sake.

Spock: The choice of the many outweigh the choice of the few...

No way, I am dead set against ...

dead horses flying past age 60

Anyone who wants to work past 60 should have the option. Working for a pay check and earning your money is not greedy. It's greedy and selfish to kick someone out of there seat because of their age so someone else can move up a seniority number, get recalled, or get out of a pool a day earlier. You have to think of the long term. Have fun. :cool:

c747dogg stated:

"Working for a pay check and earning your money is not greedy."

then:

"It's greedy and selfish to kick someone out of there seat because of their age so someone else can move up a seniority number, GET RECALLED, or get out of a pool a day earlier."

(my capitalization added to the quote)

With regards to getting recalled, where's the difference when it comes to greed between the two groups??

You say that its not greedy to want to earn a paycheck and make money.......Well, there are thousands of pilots out there right now who are not making a paycheck due to being furloughed. If this rule passes, they stand to be out on the street for a LOT longer, and hence, not earning a paycheck.

So where is the difference between the greed of someone who currently has a job earning a paycheck that wants to keep that job versus someone who lost their job and wants to get it back sooner than 6,7,8 years from now so that they can continue to earn a paycheck??

For BOTH groups, its about "greed". One currently has their money and is trying to keep it, the other is trying to get it back.....no difference.

The difference is one group is losing its jobs due to a discriminatory practice set up in 1959 - the other group is losing its jobs due to economic conditions. The former is illegal (age discrimination) while the latter is due to capitalism (too much supply, not enough demand).

Thats all fine and good, but I was not really commenting on the whole discrimination or the myriad of other issues that relate to this subject.

From my original post: "....where's the difference when it comes to GREED between the two groups?? "

I was responding to his assertion that one group is greedier than the other.........again, one is "greedy" in that they want to keep their job and their paycheck, the other is "greedy" and wants their paycheck back........both have personnal gains and/or losses behind their stance on the issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back