• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA and Lynx in talks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I say come aboard with a new SWA seniority number. Glad to have you. Let's hope this all works out for you guys.

I say come aboard with a new SWA seniority number. Glad to have you. Let's hope this all works out for you guys.

I hope for the love of God this is going to happen, but I don't want it to unless all of us at Lynx + all the Frontier pilots stay employed. I don't want to be whipsawed against another pilot group (I was at Pinnacle for two years, I don't need more of that *t)

I would laugh my ass off in Lynx pilots got to be on the SWA seniority list-even if it is a staple. Alot of my former Mesa friends are over at Lynx and after the beatings they have taken, they deserve nothing less. These guys should have been F9 pilots from the start and represented by FAPA. But that did not happen, and they make less $ than I do flying a 37 seat prop! If you guys end up as SWA pilots by default-and not have to buy a type rating-the first beer is on me. Cheers-

Be carful what you with for!!! You may get it. If it sounds too good to be true... there may be a turd in your box

who knows. presumably RAH and WN could agree to some type of joint bid and divy up assets and pilot, but I think it would be unlikely.

Vegas, you may be on to something. From Reuters off of CNBC.com

"It's not exactly a dead deal yet." In a call with reporters, executives said they were keen to retain Lynx Aviation, a Frontier subsidiary serving 15 regional markets around Denver. Kuwitzky said SWAPA has started talks with pilots with Frontier's Lynx Aviation unit and said his union would look to strike a similar deal with them. (Editing by Derek Caney; editing by Gunna Dickson) Keywords: SOUTHWEST/LABOR ([email protected]; +1 646 223-6125; Reuters Messaging: [email protected]) COPYRIGHT Copyright Thomson Reuters 2009. All rights reserved.

Oh please, oh please, oh please

Supposedly the head of the pilot workgroup at Lynx (for lack of a union) has no idea where this rumor came from. Not only did he never call SWAPA, but no one from SWAPA has contacted him. Go figure.

Latest resources

Back