• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

SWAPA and Lynx in talks

Richard Gozinya

Vikings Fan
Total Time
WFB
SWAPA pilots,

In light of the very dynamic situations of the last day or two, SWAPA has started to open exploratory talks with the Lynx pilots. Lynx is equally part of the transaction and we feel that it is important to include them in the process. They have reached out to us, and SWAPA feels it important to explore all avenues. The Lynx pilots seem genuinely excited about the opportunity to be a part of the Southwest Family. We look forward to our future discussion.

Your M&A Committee

nwaredtail

Total Time
9000+
SWAPA pilots,

In light of the very dynamic situations of the last day or two, SWAPA has started to open exploratory talks with the Lynx pilots. Lynx is equally part of the transaction and we feel that it is important to include them in the process. They have reached out to us, and SWAPA feels it important to explore all avenues. The Lynx pilots seem genuinely excited about the opportunity to be a part of the Southwest Family. We look forward to our future discussion.

Your M&A Committee

Now, THAT is funny!

roughneck

Total Time
It only takes 51% to sign Swapa cards and they will end up on our list prior to every F9 pilot. Think that is funny?

OK3

Total Time
10kish
It is not a joke, it is on our internal SWAPA site.

NWaviator

Total Time
1000+
Who would have thought that working for Lynx could have been the best career move and fastest way to SW.

cale42

Total Time
>2K
Is this real?? Its not nice to mess with us poor prop drivers if it's a joke.

cale42

Total Time
>2K
I don't know that their is any way for anything to happen with Lynx without a deal with FAPA, but if there is I think I can say pretty definitively you would get a group of guys with good experience that have no qualms about a staple and GENUINELY really want to be a part of SWA and would fit pretty well.

I feel like that is stating the obvious, but the way this has gone it seems nothing has been obvious.

Porch

Total Time
1 hour
So, WN staples Lynx and the genius F9'ers represented by FAPA go to republic... Nothing surprises me anymore.

waveflyer

Total Time
It's not about furlough fodder - wn doesn't have feeders- and hasn't ventured into near international- there are a lot of people who view the relatively sudden appearance of LGA, BOS, MSP, PHL, DEN as a setting of the stage to go international- - add feeders into the mix and there is a LOT of growth potential for SWAPA pilots.

OurMoney1

Total Time
Whip saw one pilot group against another.....I hope SWAPA is not engaging in ALPA tactics.....

Vne

Total Time
whonos
Seems divide and conquer works at unions too!.....shameful really

zasca

Total Time
12:54
OMG, they will go from being the lowest paid 70+ seater pilots, to having guaranteed seats waiting for them on the highest paid 737??!?!?!?!!?!

Talk about dumb freaking luck.... Especially those who just left Piedmont.....