Swapa 8/13/09 update

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
Hey FAPA, make sure you throw in there NO LBB flights for the first 17 months! Relative seniority IS important, but LBB flying is a NO GO item.

Bye Bye--General Lee

airlinepilot

Total Time
I don't think this is true.....I would like to see the source. I have looked on SWAPA's web site for current news and updates. There is nothing about this. Also have not received any email alerts or updates concerning this.

Max Powers

Total Time
9000+
Looks like Southwest is trying to get around the new merger integration law by having a deal in place prior to the merger. Now, FAPA only source of leverage in this negotiation is to accept the staple with imminent furlough or demand their merger rights hoping SWA doesn't make good on their promise of walking - if no deal is accepted.

Personally, I think Kelly is bluffing and will put pressure on SWAPA to give a bit more. And then the deal will be done.

huronip

I don't think this is true.....I would like to see the source. I have looked on SWAPA's web site for current news and updates. There is nothing about this. Also have not received any email alerts or updates concerning this.
Go to the Forum.

shootr

Total Time
10+
Airline Pilot,

If you can't find it on the SWAPA Forum, you're spending too much time on Fighltinfo!

shootr

bluestreaking

Total Time
10000+
Looks like Southwest is trying to get around the new merger integration law by having a deal in place prior to the merger. Now, FAPA only source of leverage in this negotiation is to accept the staple with imminent furlough or demand their merger rights hoping SWA doesn't make good on their promise of walking - if no deal is accepted.

Personally, I think Kelly is bluffing and will put pressure on SWAPA to give a bit more. And then the deal will be done.
Where are you getting "imminent furlough" from? Southwest has not furloughed anyone in 38 years.

Porch

Total Time
1 hour

OMG, I had to laugh... that's the most optimistic thing I've read in the last three hours... I think I've had enough of this.

airlinepilot

Total Time
Airline Pilot,

If you can't find it on the SWAPA Forum, you're spending too much time on Fighltinfo!

shootr
Shootr, you telling me you have seen this on SWAPA? The latest news on the site (dated 8/13) talks about SWA bidding for Frontier today. Please tell me where we see this on the site

huronip

shootr, you telling me you have seen this on swapa? The latest news on the site (dated 8/13) talks about swa bidding for frontier today. Please tell me where we see this on the site

Last edited:

airlinepilot

Total Time
I see it on the forum but why is there nothing offical with SWA or SWAPA news post?

shootr

Total Time
10+
They're just keeping us updated but they're still working on it.

canyonblue737

Total Time
?
airlinepilot: for the last time, there is no official statement because the situation is very dynamic and can effect stock prices and the deal itself while negotiating is still going on. the forum posts are from BOD and M&A members with their full name and login clearly confirmed. what the heck more do you want?