• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA yes vote:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you do a joint contract first, before the SLI? No. Who did and was successful the first time around? What did the latest arbitrated result say about lower paying Colgan blending in with higher paid jet Captains? You are the one who needs to look this up. Precedent could be used.

OYS

Some people believe you should be familiar with all the moving parts before formulating an opinion. I guess when all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Possible is the key word.

Again, you are correct concerning the integration. However the steps to that point, negotiations, mediation, and arbitration, are set in stone. Where is it described differently than in the process agreement. Sounds like more baseless threats as some of you feel as if you are running out of options. Redflyer gets it as displayed in his post as he mentions arbitration, is he wrong?

Because we already have a contract OYS...what don't you understand? The trannies can help us craft the rest NOW, or we can get the ISL from the arbitor and SWAPA will craft it for them. And before someone jumps up and down and says I'm threating them...I'm just stating the way it's setup.

Just shows how clueless you are about what's going on here OYS.

RF

This appears to be the difference. According to you it's SWAPA and SWA vs. AAI ALPA.

In DAL/NW case it was basically DALPA & NWALPA vs Mgmt. So the ALPA groups used the "savings" of integration to achieve contract improvements for the whole group of pilots in the end.

SWAPA (through your posts) seems to be saying, we don't want anything to integrate with AAI from mgmt except help by putting our boot on their neck.

Hope for the industry sake your strategy works out. A divided SWA will not serve the profession for anyone else.
LUV

According to you it's SWAPA and SWA vs. AAI ALPA.

I'd say SW management might be providing some tailwinds to SWAPA, wouldn't you? If not, you're more than welcome to your opition, but I'd say you might want to open your eyes.

Or is it SWAPA vs AAI ALPA and SW? How many times has AAI ALPA met with SW management?

Push SW management too far and see how that works out for you...I have a pretty good feeling it won't.

You want to call it a boot on the neck, I call it negotiation leverage. It's just the fact of how things are set up.

Last edited:
I'd say SW management might be providing some tailwinds to SWAPA, wouldn't you? If not, you're more than welcome to your opition, but I'd say you might want to open your eyes.

Or is it SWAPA vs AAI ALPA and SW? How many times has AAI ALPA met with SW management?

Push SW management too far and see how that works out for you...I have a pretty good feeling it won't.

You want to call it a boot on the neck, I call it negotiation leverage. It's just the fact of how things are set up.

You and the other like minded individuals have exhibited nothing that resembles the great Southwest culture. Southwest Management is embarrassed by you.

Kharma,

You quoted me...tell exactly which part I got wrong? Not because you may or may not like it, but just the facts. (PS- I would have never used the term 'boot on your neck', but your guy did.)

RF

Kharma,

You quoted me...tell exactly which part I got wrong? Not because you may or may not like it, but just the facts. (PS- I would have never used the term 'boot on your neck', but your guy did.)

RF

If you or the others were sitting in Gary Kelly's office, would you think he would be happy or embarrassed with your posts about us?

Latest resources

Back