• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The vacancy bid shows:

Captains: +32

F/O's: -32

Those cappys gotta come from someplace, and I believe it's the F/O ranks;)

As disgruntled assomeone who is furloughed or facing the threat of being furloughed?

I don't know, is he as disgruntled as someone who is furloughed or facing furlough? I can't/didn't say. I have been furloughed. Twice. I've also had 2 airlines go out of business from under me and have been through 3 bankruptcies. With this experience, I can say that I will never be as disgruntled as someone facing these things, but maybe he might be. You brought it up, so give me your opinion......

Maybe one's entire life is flying the line and making money & your point is?

My point is that if an FO is flying enough to make more than a capt that flies his line, then I can understand why he could come across as "disgruntled". He has to be busting his A$$ to bring in that kind of coin as an FO. When he upgrades, he will make the same money with a lot less effort.

I am an 8 year Captain, and I've made less than that flying my line. YMMV

A simple axiom, "if what I'm doing hurts, stop doing it". Same rule applies to being disgruntled IMHO. SWA isn't responsible (nor any company) isn't responsible for my happiness, I am. How happy I am in life is not determined by a company but determined by me & how I deal with my choices, the operable word being choices, mine thank goodness.

See my above point...........

As for the rest of your diatribe......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You certainly jumped to a lot of conclusions based on "implications" that I never made! I don't recall any disparaging remarks about SWA, open time whores, guys who fly their lines, other peoples choices re: how much to work etc....... I simply stated fact. For an FO to pull in 142k, he is working a lot more than his line, all the time.

Last edited:
Trip

You're right, I did jump to some conclusions, my apologies. Since they don't seem to apply, then pls disregard. Thanks,

cheers,

Latest resources

Back