Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OPIE01

Coffee Break is over!
Is the Pool draining faster than we thought with a Poolie factor of 1.44 as someone posted before?

Lets look at the Numbers. Right now we have heard that DirtyNasty #46 on our list is slated for the 17 Feb class. 3 Classes at 20 per class for a total of 60. We theorically have had 46 of those 60 slots.

I think that the big bulge of unknown pooliees was at the front of the list, with only a few unknown scattered throughout our known poolies.

As a current and qualified Algebra 1 Math teacher, I guesstimate that the new poolie factor is 1.161 and not 1.44, and that #155 on our list makes it into class during the "Hopefully" 2nd class in May.

Using y=mx+b and inverting it to point-slope format of y-y1=m(x-x1) we can make a best fit line to determine our hopefull results. Now that assumes, that the planets align, and a butterfly in the Amazon doesn't flap it's wings to hard, causing total disruption of my hypothisis.

real vs. hype poolies...

heard from a "inside" source that there were indeed quite a few stop/loss guys and gals at the front of the pack..... going forward I was told that we are "pretty close" to reality with our "UNofficial" list -

good news to ALL about the Feb 17th class!!!!!!:D

Regards - Tred

OPIE01 said:
As a current and qualified Algebra 1 Math teacher, I guesstimate that the new poolie factor is 1.161 and not 1.44, and that #155 on our list makes it into class during the "Hopefully" 2nd class in May.

Opie, I can't tell you how much I hope you're right.

JayhawkDude (#154 on our list.)

Hey Opie,

I was under the impression that you were going to teach home economics.......go figure!

I met "dutch" today at the C-130 center of excellence....he's right below us on the list. Says he was a T-37 IP with you....small world....he interviewed in the p.m. class

you're formula may be right on.

Tred, the shirts were a big hit around the holidays...thanx again. See you both in a few months :)

Hey Opie and Red Leader,
Its me, Dutch. As you can tell, I don't post too often. I have too much fun just reading. Opie, I hope your algebra is correct too. You interviewed in the am and I in the pm, so you are probably a few numbers ahead of me. BTW, we did fly tweets at the same time and location. You may remember me or not. I left CBM in July for the C-130 Guard. So, life has already improved for me. Have fun teaching and hopefully I'll see you and RedLeader in May.
Dutch

Re-union

Opie, Red Leader, Dutch,

Dudes...good hearing from you all... Last time was when the 1st Kool-Aid was poured for us on 4 Feb.

1st round is on the one of us NOT wearing the official t-shirt when we arrive for class this year!

See ya then!
Shav'r

Re-Onion

Shav'r

If Opie's previous post means he'd have to take his shirt off...well...heck to be honest I'd rather be he one buying the beer!!!!!! (even though i'll most definitely be WEARING mine) :)

In fact, I'll buy the Scotch.....you guys bring the cigars. Can't wait to get back to The Show!

Talked to LL today and she said I should be in the 8th class. I am #104 on the list. Congrats to everyone that got the call so far!!!

I'm 153 on our list and 11 classes away according to LL. Let's hope the pool drains fast enough that those of us in the cheap seats can catch some action too! Anyone else heard anthing about possible Air Force stoploss all over again?

Latest resources

Back