• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA trng dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You mean new hire classes? Hiring continuously, I heard 1 class in Sep. and back to three classes a month starting in Oct. Class sizes are about 20-24. 500-600+ in '06.

Skyboy722 said:
You mean new hire classes? Hiring continuously, I heard 1 class in Sep. and back to three classes a month starting in Oct. Class sizes are about 20-24. 500-600+ in '06.

How old and reliable is this info? I heard one class in Oct, one in Nov and maybe one in Dec. The slowdown in the summer still has not been explained to me.

Another source said only 3 more classes this year. The Sep class would be 1 of 3.

Traditionally, classes slowdown at the end of the year and get rolling again in Jan.

Well, define reliable...
But it is recent. A person from HQ called me regarding an applicant (I was one of thier references) and the info came from him. He was actually a line pilot and interviewer, too. In order to meet 500ish new hires this year (which they are still claiming) they'll need more than three more classes.

As far as how many are in the pool, I'm not sure but I know that the wait times from congrats call to class were only a couple months or so...

Skyboy722 said:
Well, define reliable...
But it is recent. A person from HQ called me regarding an applicant (I was one of thier references) and the info came from him. He was actually a line pilot and interviewer, too. In order to meet 500ish new hires this year (which they are still claiming) they'll need more than three more classes.

Very good news. The info I got was from CP's and those that said they talked with a CP.

I think the HQ and interviewers have better info.

i'm waiting on a date. last word i got from PD a few weeks ago (and they weren't entirely certain) was at least 1 per month till the end of the calendar year and about 100 in the pool. there was also talk about the number of classes was dependent on when they finished the construction projects in the sim bldg.

One of the SWA recruiters talked to my HPA class. He told us new-hires were expecting a December-January class date.

Bobby,

Thanks.

Does that mean guys that just made it into the pool or are interviewing now might make the December or January class?

Or does it mean after the September class the next one will be December or January?

Latest resources

Back