SWA training rumor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Clyde Frog

I've been hearing that the AT chief pilot has been telling recurrent classes that SW is currently working on putting together a Captain to Captain training program.

The story goes that when the senior AT guys are forced over in late 2014, they'll immediately be able to hold an upgrade class and the company doesn't want the unnecessary expense of training them twice, once as FO then immediately afterward as Capt.

The story goes, if they can't get 6-9 months of service as an FO from a transitioning AT guy, they'll send him home and call him back for Capt training.

Just a rumor but it is being spread by the AT chief pilot.

Discuss.

I've been hearing that the AT chief pilot has been telling recurrent classes that SW is currently working on putting together a Captain to Captain training program.

The story goes that when the senior AT guys are forced over in late 2014, they'll immediately be able to hold an upgrade class and the company doesn't want the unnecessary expense of training them twice, once as FO then immediately afterward as Capt.

The story goes, if they can't get 6-9 months of service as an FO from a transitioning AT guy, they'll send him home and call him back for Capt training.

Just a rumor but it is being spread by the AT chief pilot.

Discuss.

ANY arbitration award would have had AT pilots staying Capts, on both 717s and 737s, primarily because AT brought BOTH to the table. (And options too). Pure craziness that ALL 737 Capts were supposed to be kicked off for Corndog training first..... You gotta trust the other side to gain loyalty. Doesn't mean you can't have line checks to make sure things are done the "Corny" way...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Doesn't that moron have a submarine to prefilght? :laugh:

Submarine?

If you're talking about the AT CP he's an ex f16 guy.

Glad we cleared that up.

Submarine?

If you're talking about the AT CP he's an ex f16 guy.

Glad we cleared that up.

I believe they call it the "Viper" on this side of the partition. Or at least in PHX...

I'm pretty sure FP just starts rumors to see how long it takes to get back to him. Usually not long I'd bet.

Latest resources

Back