SWA training question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crash Pad

What is the max training rate for SWA? As in how many pilots can they do in one month with the place running at full speed.

I'm playing the home game and have come up with this:
1. 717 leaves for greener pastures.
2. 737 leaves last but will be in the paint shop just before "super reservation 2012 mega awesome system" comes online.
3. Whole thing is done by mid 2014. As advertised by GK.

With that in mind I was thinking 40 pilots a month isn't enough. I think it would have to be 80 or so a month. Can that be done?

I know in the past they have run 24 in a class with classes starting every week, usually on Wednesdays. Im not sure if thats sustainable every single week though. I would imagine the bottle neck would come with the sim schedule. Although we do keep adding simulators. I think we might only have two or three empty bays left. Not sure though.

What about the AAI 737 sims? Did you guys own those or lease?

Was in training a couple months ago and the word then was Sim 9 an -800 ETOPS Sim was supposed to arrive in June and Sim 10 was supposed to be ordered as to arrive next year some time. I would guess they could train upwards of about 80 per month if they had to.

If they want SIM sim time, They'll find it! There is also an Alteon in DAL, I think there is a NG sim there, believe the Navy guys use it for C-40 training...it's also where part of the Higher Power guys go for the 200 and 300. They can get sim time if they need it. If the International thing keeps getting built up, they may slow down the transitions until they get international on the SW ops specs, gotta strike while the iron is hot!

Later,
KBB

If they want SIM sim time, They'll find it! There is also an Alteon in DAL, I think there is a NG sim there, believe the Navy guys use it for C-40 training...it's also where part of the Higher Power guys go for the 200 and 300. They can get sim time if they need it. If the International thing keeps getting built up, they may slow down the transitions until they get international on the SW ops specs, gotta strike while the iron is hot!

Later,
KBB

No need to find extra sims.... We have 25% extra sim capacity waiting in the wings, by running a 24 hour sim schedule. They were talking about it in DAL last time I was there. Sucks for the crews on the "redeye" sim slot, but good for all of us because we needed the extra sim time!

Latest resources

Back