Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The fact that UPS doesn't have any wide-bodies (757 aside) has no bearing, you are correct, I was wrong. You may have won this round Wave, but I'll be back!
If you don't count the 13-747s, 38-MD11s, and 59-767s then you are right the only wide bodies that UPS has are the 75-757s.

Ain't that the truth - You just suggested a pay raise of 1.5% for the entire pilot group, to allow the 'worlds most profitable airline' to fly 50 wide bodies.

Perhaps you should stick to workout tips and recipes. What's next Wave ? Spread Captain wages amongst the entire group because you don't want to upgrade ?

Muppet.

UPS does it- and theyre a little bit more profitable than us.
A touch

And captain pay- I'm not the FO that thinks capt's don't earn their extra- the job does -
But type a/c-
Each step up in larger a/c has been easier- it's about QOL and the union dynamic- but it's also about VALUING narrow flying.

If you want to fly for a company that views the 73 as a "light twin", delta and united will be hiring. Check em out.

Again, most I fly with and talk to agree 100%.

Last edited:
Dear Baked,

When I said this, Bubba threw his toys out of the pram and had a tamper tantrum. I just don't understand ...... Then he said I'd been "noted". Which sounds very ominous. :D

"You labeled me, I'll label you, so I dub thee unforgiven".

Cheers.

Actually, that's NOT what you said.

Regardless, what exactly the hell do you know? You alternately accuse SWAPA of being some sort of conspiratorial mastermind that got GK to screw you on its behalf, then on the other hand, they're complete buffoons who can't even talk to GK. How about making up your mind?

Like I said, it's difficult to tell the difference between you being funny, or you being an ass. That's probably because you're also adept at being both at once. And what?--You're mad at me now? I thought I was your homie. Damn, I was just about to tell people that you were my boo.

And besides, I didn't label you at all. "Noted" was just me stating an observation. You've labeled yourself with your screen name, of course, but in my mind, the worst -I- could label you would be to call you "General Lee-like." That would be seriously throwing down the gauntlet!

Bubba

Ain't that the truth - You just suggested a pay raise of 1.5% for the entire pilot group, to allow the 'worlds most profitable airline' to fly 50 wide bodies.

Perhaps you should stick to workout tips and recipes. What's next Wave ? Spread Captain wages amongst the entire group because youA don't want to upgrade ?

Muppet.

We have pilots that are actually pushing for that . Even a SWAPa rep.

Talk about nuts. :)

Actually, that's NOT what you said.

Regardless, what exactly the hell do you know? You alternately accuse SWAPA of being some sort of conspiratorial mastermind that got GK to screw you on its behalf, then on the other hand, they're complete buffoons who can't even talk to GK. How about making up your mind?

You're actually making my point for me. What do the two situations above have in common ? They both require GK to give you what you want. In the SLI, your goals were aligned. However, in Section six your goals are divergent. In the SLI, SWAPAs abilities weren't really tested, they held all of the cards with GKs backing. Conspiratorial yes, mastermind no. Section six is a different matter.

Like I said, it's difficult to tell the difference between you being funny, or you being an ass. That's probably because you're also adept at being both at once. And what?--You're mad at me now? I thought I was your homie. Damn, I was just about to tell people that you were my boo.

not mad Bubba. I'm just very, very disappointed in you :D

And besides, I didn't label you at all. "Noted" was just me stating an observation. You've labeled yourself with your screen name, of course, but in my mind, the worst -I- could label you would be to call you "General Lee-like." That would be seriously throwing down the gauntlet!

it's a line from a Metallica song. Bake referred to it. Keep up.

Bubba

If you're going to complain about others espousing intimate knowledge of your union, your companies history and your contract; you're going to need to erase most of your own posts. Annoying isn't it ?

We have pilots that are actually pushing for that . Even a SWAPa rep.

Talk about nuts. :)

Face palm.

Anyway, here's the problem with Waves utopian paradise - over half of the UPS fleet is large widebody or widebody jets. The other 44% are large narrow body. The admirably high pay numbers are arguable because of the industry high pay on those aircraft (747, MD11, etc.) Their smallest jet is 100,000 pounds heavier than the average SWA 737 and is trans oceanic capable. All of these factors bring the average mixed pay up across the fleets.

SWA would have to buy over 800 787 to match the ratio of wide body to narrow body. Even if you ignored the difference in size between a 737 and a 757.

Spreading the pay for a tiny percentage, produces a tiny difference in pay. If they can convince GK to pay UPS rates I'm all for it though.

You are seriously dumb aren't you dicko.
Are you even listening?

So apparently what you want is to have a VERY SMALL subset of pilots who all make a LOT more than the rest of us- leaving the vast majority of us hoping an praying that one day we can catch and eat that carrot too- but if we want to stay in the 73 we leave value for the career on the table and give it to another -

Wonderful dynamic you want-
It's really dumb-

Do you not have older mentors retired from legacy type airlines? Have you not heard how crap their life was crossing all those time zones at their age bc they effectively HAD to?

Wake up moron. One pay rate. Period-

Or go apply at delta. The beautiful thing about SWA is that we value regional narrow flying and can make money at it- if you want to change that, move on.

Last edited:
Are you even listening?

Make your point then. All I've heard from you is:

1. A tiny pay raise to fly wide body international jets,

2. You don't want to fly them so nobody should be payed more to do it.

3. An assumption that everybody thinks the same way as you,

4. Your worried that it will make you look old, but it's really very easy, and

5. Frustration followed by insults when your point is badly made.

Make your point Wave. Or do you have nothing more than some math that proves it doesn't benefit anybody ? Other than the company and your skin tone.

Are you even

Wonderful dynamic you want-
It's really dumb-

Do you not have older mentors retired from legacy type airlines? Have you not heard how crap their life was crossing all those time zones at their age bc they effectively HAD to?

Wake up moron. One pay rate. Period-

Ahh. You edited your post to add some ... emotional stuff that defies logic.

So, which one of these SWA FOs and Captains will "have to" fly these wide bodies Wave ? You've spent thousands of words telling us how much SWA pilots make.

Will the poverty stricken CA making $280K a year on a 737, be forced to fly to Europe to feed his starving kids ? Or perhaps the 5th year FO will be forced out of his $180K job into a wide body ?

If your base pay on the 737 is acceptable, how could these people be forced to do anything ?

Fail.

Latest resources

Back