Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OPIE01

Coffee Break is over!
I just got off the MSN Messanger chat line with a SWA bud who just completed recurrent training in Dallas. He said he was told they were set to train 48 new hires during the next 2 months.

He didn't know if that included the July 15 class or classes starting in Aug.

rumors

Great fodder for us wrinkled souls paddling around in the ol' cement pond....

Whatever the reason(s).... just start training folks so we can start our careers!!!

Thanks again to all who are active on this board - see ya soon in DAL! Regards - K

Just flew with a check airmen today and he said. " 9 a/c to be delivered the remainder of this year. Two classes per month starting in Aug".

Ya know... I reaaaaalllly hope that information is accurate.:confused:

Just how many pilots will they need to staff 9 airplanes? Anyone care to take a WAG or does someone know that magic number? I thought it was 5 crews per airplane (5 CA & 5 FO) that's about 90 new-hires by year-end. (Hey... I can do fancy math. Let's see, if the point is 4 or 10, I get 2 to 1 on my odds with a pass line bet... if I place the 6 or 8, I get paid 7 for 6... yada yada yada.) Then again, there are six ways to "seven out." :eek:

Regards,
RightBettor

Last edited:
Vegas baby, Vegas...

I think RightBettor is a shoe-in for that Vegas base I keep hearing about...

C'mON 7!!

Bettor - the #s I have heard for crew:airframe mix are between 11 & 12. (11.x has been what I hear regularly)

SO - 99 to 108 damp bodies is a good guess, or a good place to start...? Sure makes for some sweatly palms when you are at #90 on our Poolie List!?!?!

ANY movement is good.... and this is SO much fun anyhow - everyday brings more great rumors.... I can't wait to log in to see what has been stirred up since the previous day!!!:D

Have a great day to all fellow poolies.... off to the pool for me, gonna be 104 today in PHX!!

Regards - K

Frequency is the key

Tredding,

If you are only checking once a day for new rumors to be dredged up then you are not checking frequently enough. I'm on the 4 hour schedule. It gives me plenty of opportunity to waste the maximum amount of time per day.

Slug

wastin' time

Slug-

Unlike some of you... I am quite happy to report that I am VERY gainfully employed. Even too employed at times.

Have been flying many owner trips, and mucho charters on the jet the last couple of months.... I would go NUTS if I had to sit around and wait for SWA to call, and NOT be out flying!?!?!

Yikes! The thought even gives me the "willys":eek:

Can't wait to bid for (and FLY) a line! Not wearing a pager/cell phone, not get called out in the middle of a movie, concert, the 14th green, a jog on the beach, or any other event in my life will probably freek me out for at least a few months. My career as a pilot has always been "on call", NEVER had a schedule, almost can't imagine being a pilot without all of the uncertainity.

I hope that some of you on either side of me (#90) will be in my class, I look forward to meeting some of the folks I have had the opportunity to "meet" here in this forum!

Have fun reading postings 6 times a day Slug.... just curious, do you set alarms during the night to wake up and log on - or do you just wake up on schedule like pulling watch!?!?!:p

Later - Tredding

Flying is phun

No, don't get me wrong. I am flying and still loving it. I just finished up a 3.0 basic formation sortie with two pretty good studs. Its paying the mortgage and grocery bill, although 12 days in a row is a long time to be in DelRio (if you don't live there). Tomorrow is and out and back (all basic formation) for lunch in some exotic location (LBB? ABI? AMA? MAF?) Either way can't wait to meet all of ya'll in the future.

Slug

P.S. with a name like slug do you think I get out of bed to check the message board?

Latest resources

Back