• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to lower mins?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the non degred hiring ratio to appplicant is 368% higher ((7/2)/(93/98))than degreed ratio, I would want to be in the non-degreed pipe. Remember it has nothing to do with flying an airplane, and the non-degreed pilots have an advantage over the degreed piltos becasue they have been flying airplanes instead of sitting in the classroom.

If the non degred hiring ratio to appplicant is 368% higher ((7/2)/(93/98))than degreed ratio, I would want to be in the non-degreed pipe. Remember it has nothing to do with flying an airplane, and the non-degreed pilots have an advantage over the degreed piltos becasue they have been flying airplanes instead of sitting in the classroom.

I agree. I was one of those non-degree pilots that is in the pool at WN.

That makes zero sense.....you have to be kidding me. What the heck is 368% Those without degrees have been flying instead of in the classroom....you have to be kidding. What the heck is a degreed piltos?
Please don't ever fly the plane I am on.

That makes zero sense.....you have to be kidding me. What the heck is 368% Those without degrees have been flying instead of in the classroom....you have to be kidding. What the heck is a degreed piltos?
Please don't ever fly the plane I am on.

Red, You may be a little harsh here. I do understand what pilotyip is saying, and he's actually right. But, I don't think he's suggesting that people stop getting degrees just to fit into this little anomaly...

That is fair to say. I guess I don't see his/her point that a person without a degree has a better chance.....I am done with this thread so no more rambling from me...carry on, sorry if it came across harsh. You should have seen the PM pilotyip sent me....that was harsh. Kids.

Especially if you flew for a land based operation. Only kidding

so which is it? It has nothing to do with flying an airplane or it does?

????

It is the 4 yr degree that has nothing to do with flying an airplane. Flying an airplane and training to fly an airplane have something to do with flying an airplane.

It is the 4 yr degree that has nothing to do with flying an airplane. Flying an airplane and training to fly an airplane have something to do with flying an airplane.

a 4 yr degree has nothing to do with driving a truck either. Driving a truck and training to drive a truck have something to do with driving a truck.

To take another view, a 4 year degree with "truck driving" as the theme, such as TSTI/Ohio State/Air Force Academy/CTC Killeen/etc, in which truck driving and the truck driving industry is studied, and during your 4 year course work, you are exposed to truck driving, does that degree fall into the "having a degree has nothing to do with driving a truck?"

Hmm

If the best paid truck driving jobs require a degree or at least the majority of the drivers hired do indeed have degrees, then getting a degree = increases your chances of getting that job.

For, in the end, thats all this is, a truck driving job.

Thats right and pretty soon a Peterbuilt CL6 type licence will be a requirement to work in the on-demand industry.

Latest resources

Back