• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to keep 717s around after all!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's no way SWA can get rid of 717's in three years, we're still flying crapamatic -500's fer christ sake.

AirTran pilots, all of them, are going to be SWA pilots. The SLI gives them this assurance. They should bid equipment based on QOL and domicile options. If you live in ATL or TPA (MCO) you should consider your relative seniority on the MSL and bid 717 if you do not want to be a commuter. If you already commute and want the try and bid any of the SWA domiciles then you should consider the 737 F/O bid position.

There should be zero fear factored into the equation. All AirTran employees will get a SWA ID and all of them as of today have a spot on the SWA master seniority list. That will not change.

Last edited:
Bill is 100% correct. ALL AT pilots are on "the list". IF a furlough were to happen after SOC, current positions will be meaningless as it would happen in reverse seniority order. IF all 717's are sold, all 717/737 pilots are already on the SWAPA master seniority list and would not have to go with the airplanes (it'd probably go in reverse seniority order to avoid the possible furloughs).

With all that said, I highly doubt any of us have to worry about furloughs at SWA. Just my opinion based on history,

Bid what you want and need and don't worry about the rest.

shootr

AirTran pilots, all of them, are going to be SWA pilots. The SLI gives them this assurance. They should bid equipment based on QOL and domicile options. If you live in ATL or TPA (MCO) you should consider your relative seniority on the MSL and bid 717 if you do not want to be a commuter. If you already commute and want the try and bid any of the SWA domiciles then you should consider the 737 F/O bid position.

There should be zero fear factored into the equation. All AirTran employees will get a SWA ID and all of them as of today have a spot on the SWA master seniority list. That will not change.

I third what Bill said. I highly doubt SWA is going to furlough. Do what fits you best and do not listen to the fear mongers on here.

It's a nice change to stop by these threads, and not have to whip it out for a quick peeing contest. ;)

Look forward to working with y'all . . . .:beer:

Considering SWA is planning on hiring a bunch of pilots, the furlough question is moot. Even if the 717s go, staffing and training issues will require pilots, especially to man the order books for both SWA and AAI.

I think some a fretting over nothing.

717s will not leave until at least '17. I don't see any advantage in forcing yourself into a commute. If you live in a SWA domicile would be the only reason I can think of.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back